What's new

Narita to Shibuya

Wouter

台風
3 May 2004
Hello,
I will be departing shortly for my trip to Japan.
I will land on Narita airport terminal 2.
I will meet somebody in Shibuya station.
What is the cheapest/best way to get from Narita airport terminal 2 to Shibuya station?

Well, it would have been nice if you had said so. Then I wouldn't have wasted my time on the buses.

How about taking the Keisei Skyliner from the airport to Ueno and then take the Yamanote Line down to Shibuya?

If you have many bags with you, you might wish to use one of the express delivery companies to have your bags delivered to where you're staying. Keep one small bag with enough change of clothes and personal items for one or two days, though.

Thanks for the information.
Are there express delivery companies at the airport and how much does it cost to let one bag be delivered in Tokyo (Bunkyo-ku)
Do you have any idea how long that takes?
Thanks again 🙂

There are several express companies inside the airport. They should be pretty easy to recognize. The cost shouldn't be very high. It depends on the size of the bag, of course. It's a great convenience not to have to wrestle your bag(s) onto trains/buses/taxis, especially when you are tired from a long trip.

The bag will likely arrive the next day. Most services will let you specify a delivery date and time window (from 3-6pm, for example) for your convenience.

Wouter said:
Thanks,
but I would prefer to go by train because it's faster.

It all depends whether you prefer speed or cost. The skyliner is the fastest way, but will only save you about 15-20min out of about 1h30min, but will cost twice more than a regular train. You can analyse the cost/speed ratio by yourself and get the exact timetable on Yahoo Transit or Ekitan (=> more infor here https://jref.com/practical/transport.shtml )

Thank you very much for the information.
Unfortunatelly I can't read Japanese well :(

Expect to pay around 3500yen for a Narita Express pass to shinjuku or tokyo.

Also, I traveled on public train lines with 2 huge bags with wheels, plenty of times during my trip so the bag problem would not be of worry. Save your money and just carry them, it makes it fun.. and gives you a chance to see how nice Japanese people are, I guaruntee you will be asked if u need help or directions 10000 times. 👍 But I do suggest using Narita Express, or the Skyliner. I rode Narita to Shinjuku when I arrived in Japan, and I rode the Skyliner back to Narita when I departed Japan, and I would say that I liked Narita better.

Personally, I would never recommend the skyliner or narita express because of the price. I usualy pay about 1100yen with the Keisei line to Tokyo (continues on the Toei Asakusa line) then change for the underground. To go to Shibuya, the cheapest and fastest way is to take the Keisei Tokkyu to Nippori (1000yen), then JR Yamanote to Shibuya (190yen). It takes about 85min. 3 times cheaper than Narita express and takes about the same time.

Back
Top Bottom