What's new

Nagoya University Global 30 Program 2016 (Graduate)

Search

後輩
18 Jun 2015
Hey there !
I am applying for the graduate program in Nagoya University ( PhD ) not with MEXT but with a scholarship my own country provides for research.
Everything has been happy and smooth so far, im in the final step but probably the most important one (Waiting for the interview).
I am looking for people applying for the same matter or people that has already finished the process, im in need of some advice and hopefully i can be helpful in return !

Good for you.
I'm applying for Nagoya Global 30 too, (Master course) as a self-financed student, still waiting for the first round's result *sigh*.
Just to save myself a slot here in this topic.

Good for you.
I'm applying for Nagoya Global 30 too, (Master course) as a self-financed student, still waiting for the first round's result *sigh*.
Just to save myself a slot here in this topic.
Hey there ! Im also applying for the first round, the interviews started Feb 1° and they are gonna make public the results in March 30, did you already have your interview? o_O I havent :(

Hey there ! Im also applying for the first round, the interviews started Feb 1° and they are gonna make public the results in March 30, did you already have your interview? o_O I havent :(
Neither have I. Actually I haven't got the screening result yet :(.

Neither have I. Actually I haven't got the screening result yet :(.
You scared me for a second ! Thank god :(, so we are probably in the same thing im also waiting for the same exact things, this patience game is getting crazy :) Good luck !

I will let know as soon as i get any kind of extra information ! thank you.
Hey there,
I've got an interview invitation from the Admissions office this morning. My interview will start next Tuesday. Hope you will get the similar news.
Gotta prepare myself for this *finger crossed*

Hey there,
I've got an interview invitation from the Admissions office this morning. My interview will start next Tuesday. Hope you will get the similar news.
Gotta prepare myself for this *finger crossed*
Really? How nice ! Hopefully everything will go alright, if its not too much to ask when did they told you that your application was complete? I got it January 26th , Good luck with the interview hopefully everything goes well !

Really? How nice ! Hopefully everything will go alright, if its not too much to ask when did they told you that your application was complete? I got it January 26th , Good luck with the interview hopefully everything goes well !
Nvm pal, I got the confirmation message from the system on Jan 22nd. I think you will get the invitation soon within this week.
By the way, I'm Trang, applying for the Grad school of Economics. You could call me Tracy, let me know your name so we will not have to call each other "there" haha.

Nvm pal, I got the confirmation message from the system on Jan 22nd. I think you will get the invitation soon within this week.
By the way, I'm Trang, applying for the Grad school of Economics. You could call me Tracy, let me know your name so we will not have to call each other "there" haha.
Haha Hello Tracy, My name is Sergio and im applying for Grad School of Biological Science. Hopefully ill get the message soon, its been an entire month of continuous "patience".
Edit: Whats your plan for the interview? (If i ever get the email) Im planning on focusing the "research plan" most likely, in my case my tutor made me re-do my research plan 3 times so im assuming its the most important thing and she barely asked about my background.

Last edited:
Haha Hello Tracy, My name is Sergio and im applying for Grad School of Biological Science. Hopefully ill get the message soon, its been an entire month of continuous "patience".
Edit: Whats your plan for the interview? (If i ever get the email) Im planning on focusing the "research plan" most likely, in my case my tutor made me re-do my research plan 3 times so im assuming its the most important thing and she barely asked about my background.
Nice to e-meet you Sergio.
Looks like this thread is ours. haha. For the interview, I heard over the internet that they will focus on your motivation letter and research plan (but mostly research plan). I don't know for Biological Science but for my case I think I will focus on why my RP is relevant to my future plan and the program.
I think there's lag among programs so do not worry, you'll get invited real soon.

Nice to e-meet you Sergio.
Looks like this thread is ours. haha. For the interview, I heard over the internet that they will focus on your motivation letter and research plan (but mostly research plan). I don't know for Biological Science but for my case I think I will focus on why my RP is relevant to my future plan and the program.
I think there's lag among programs so do not worry, you'll get invited real soon.
It looks like its ours lol (But oh well someone might read it in the future and it will probably help em). Thats a shocking one, they didnt ask me for a motivation letter which i found weird, at first i thought this university didnt ask for it but its probably because im applying for PhD (hopefully). But just in case ill improvise a motivation "speech" instead of a letter haha, ill also train with my previous tutor some possible questions.

Thank you so much for your time, talking with someone with the exact same questions and issues its been quite relaxing !

It looks like its ours lol (But oh well someone might read it in the future and it will probably help em). Thats a shocking one, they didnt ask me for a motivation letter which i found weird, at first i thought this university didnt ask for it but its probably because im applying for PhD (hopefully). But just in case ill improvise a motivation "speech" instead of a letter haha, ill also train with my previous tutor some possible questions.

Thank you so much for your time, talking with someone with the exact same questions and issues its been quite relaxing !
Les miserables relief LOL.
For your case, I'm not sure about the admissions requirements but yes I think a motivation "speech" would help. And again I heard somewhere on the internet that once your prospective Professor accept you as his/her student, you'll get the admission in most cases. Let's keep each other posted and get through this patient game, shall we?
Aww, anyway what the scholarship did you get? How nice ~~.

LOL Exactly my thoughts. Yea i heard something like that about the prospective professors too, i suppose im just too paranoid and stuff. Im totally ok with keeping up with everything that happens, ill be looking for more information about the interviews too.
Oh about my scholarship, its probably the exact same thing as Monbusho but for my country and i already got it for my masters degree so the most likely thing to happen is that i also get it for this but before even thinking in having it i need the "final acceptance letter" from the university. I actually thought most countries would have the same kind of scholarships for when the students go abroad.
But im also prepared for paying everything for probably 2 years by myself, but damn you are actually going to pay everything straight, arent you? Thats alot of money.

Of course I do not want to pay for that much money. I'm still looking for some sources of scholarship from within Japan (for Vietnam where I live it is impossible for me to attain any financial help from the Government since I work at a private company). And yes I was kind of getting offer to be recommended by Doshisha but I withdrew my application for some personal reason. My destination for Japan is determined to be Nagoya. And for the worst case, yes, I have prepared to pay everything :((.

It is definitely a lot of money :(, but at least is alot cheaper than tokyo or osaka, im actually planning on moving with some other guy i know who is there also for studying something else just so we can live together and therefore pay half of the rent for a bigger place. Its a shame vietnam doesnt have a program like mexico does, its a little corrupt here but its entirely possible to obtain. And well yea ive been saving money for plenty of time just in case i have to pay everything, but hey ! we might just live with some grass and water for a couple years, we will be thinner ! :)

The problem is I couldn't get any more =)). And don't get me wrong, Vietnam does have a lot of scholarships but they're mostly for Government employees, unfortunately I'm not among those. So I am still looking for scholarship information which is applicable for me. But that would be another story.

The problem is I couldn't get any more =)). And don't get me wrong, Vietnam does have a lot of scholarships but they're mostly for Government employees, unfortunately I'm not among those. So I am still looking for scholarship information which is applicable for me. But that would be another story.
Your school's international office should have a nice list of scholarships available for you. South East Asian countries seem to fall into the most categories in terms of small to medium size awards. Be sure to apply for as many as you can.

JASSO, etc might have some lists up (I seem to remember seeing them online) that could give you an idea before you arrive to talk to admin at your uni.

Your school's international office should have a nice list of scholarships available for you. South East Asian countries seem to fall into the most categories in terms of small to medium size awards. Be sure to apply for as many as you can.

JASSO, etc might have some lists up (I seem to remember seeing them online) that could give you an idea before you arrive to talk to admin at your uni.
Thanks a lot for that information. Actually I do have a list of scholarships myself and yet I'll still asking for help from the International office. But as I said, it would be another story which I supposed come after the admissions so I'll set it aside for now.

When do you think its the best time for sending an email to check if something happened with my interview? I was thinking March 15 at most, but i dont know they might think im bothering them in the process Haha.

When do you think its the best time for sending an email to check if something happened with my interview? I was thinking March 15 at most, but i dont know they might think im bothering them in the process Haha.
I think you should just send it now for less headache. It should be fine with the Adcom as you have every right to get updated. You paid for it LOL. I even bothered them several times since the application process myself.
Go ahead and ask them, now.
Hope for your good news. :)

I think you should just send it now for less headache. It should be fine with the Adcom as you have every right to get updated. You paid for it LOL. I even bothered them several times since the application process myself.
Go ahead and ask them, now.
Hope for your good news. :)
:O ! Really?? You did?? Ive been living with the fear of being annoying with the administration people and losing chances for being accepted Haha. I guess ill just do it on monday, its friday already there so ill just wait till monday :). Thank you so much !

:O ! Really?? You did?? Ive been living with the fear of being annoying with the administration people and losing chances for being accepted Haha. I guess ill just do it on monday, its friday already there so ill just wait till monday :). Thank you so much !
You worry too much about that Sergio :p. They're not gonna kick you out just because you ask too much. That's their responsibility though. FYI typically they will respond in a day or so (I have reached them too many times that I couldn't count LOL and asking silly questions too :(( ).
Wish you all the best.

You worry too much about that Sergio :p. They're not gonna kick you out just because you ask too much. That's their responsibility though. FYI typically they will respond in a day or so (I have reached them too many times that I couldn't count LOL and asking silly questions too :(( ).
Wish you all the best.
:( I told you im probably too paranoid about it hahaha. You are so brave u_u it makes re-think my point of view with how i went with everything, im just being as much cautious as i can. If i was applying for mexico for example i would be acting just like you are .
Hahaha the most important thing is that on one step with the application they told me i had to ask to my tutor, then i did and i think she got a little bit angry at me for not knowing what i asked lol so there is that.
I will definitely send an email asking whats going on.
You better be studying as hard as you can for the interview, if i cant make it you totally must, and if i do make it i definitely want to say hi to you there !

Back
Top Bottom