What's new

Nach Berlin Berlin jetzt Japan Japan^^

El P8s

先輩
13 Jan 2006
Hi,
I am going to Japan with 4 friends of mine on an interrailtour through Japan...and this is where my questions start.^^
What would there be to do for 5 18-17year old beer addicts?😌
Where should we go?
Should I be able to speak more than just the normal beginners Japanese?
Which general attitude do Japanese people have towards foreigners? We will all be German except for MR Polski and me.^^
What should we watch out for?
Are there any laws against smoking in Japan?

Hope you know more about Japan than I do and can help me on, because most of the travel brochures don窶冲 really show me the part of Japan I would like to see. :)

moffeltoff said:
1) What would there be to do for 5 18-17year old beer addicts?
Where should we go?

2) Should I be able to speak more than just the normal beginners Japanese?

3) Which general attitude do Japanese people have towards foreigners? We will all be German except for MR Polski and me.^^
What should we watch out for?

4)Are there any laws against smoking in Japan?
1) Japan has lots of good beers everywhere. The closest thing to a japanese pub is an Izakaya, where you have food and drink. Some English theme
pubs too!

2) I got on OK just knowing a little Japanese language

3) I was treated well, but be sensible. Don't draw too much attention to yourself, as you are a group of gaijin boys.

4) Japan is quite good for smokers. there are lots of places you can smoke, although laws might be starting to change a little.

If a major theme of your visit is drinking, the best advice I can give is to be polite and reasonably sensible.

moffeltoff said:
Hi,
I am going to Japan with 4 friends of mine on an interrailtour through Japan...and this is where my questions start.^^
What would there be to do for 5 18-17year old beer addicts?😌
Where should we go?
Prison? It's not allowed to drink under 20 in Japan ;-)

Are there any laws against smoking in Japan?
Again, it's not allowed to smoke under 20 years old. :)

@Rich303 Thanks for the help and no we ,at least I dont, plan on behaving like a total idiots and get smashed everyday.
But I still dont quite get what the attitude towards foreigners is.

@RockLee are the Japanese so strickt ,that there is no chance of still having a tiny beer once in a while?

Oh dear, sorry - I wasn't clued up on the 20 year-old age limit.

But, like I said (about being a foreigner), I had no particular problems. Maybe because I was alone people were quite helpful. If you go far from major tourist areas, you may be treated with a little curiosity.
Just be cool and you should be OK. You may occasionally find some things a little confusing, but it's all good.

So it will be impossible to get a drink or something like that?
And another thing I'd like to ask are there laws forbidding people under 20 to be in public spaces after lets say 10pm or so?

Back
Top Bottom