What's new

My experience with Japanese police

godppgo said:
Since my name can be pronounced Hayashi Tsuyoshi and they asked me why do I have a Japanese name. I explained to them it's just a coincident that my Taiwanese name happened to be a common Japanese name.

Probably that's your REAL Japanese name for it might be your true identity or ethnicity.

I find it hard to believe any full Chinese name can be completely convert to a Japanese one.There is no pronounciation for WANG in Japanese,therefore use " OH " as comparable translation.

My Chinese first name means " love " as in " AI " for my actual romanized name,I can use AIKO as a Japanese substitute but my family name LAU ( LIU in Mandarin ) has no meaning and there is no Japanese pronounciation for it so there wouldn't be any matching multiple-syllabic Japanese last name.

Last edited:
ricecake, are you female? if not I wouldn't recommend using "Aiko" as your name... If you've answered this question elsewhere already I apologize

Would any male use " ricecake " for username ?

I would've named me " beefcake " instead if I am not a female.

I've seen weirder things; it is the internet after all...

either way, I'll take that as a "yes"

ricecake said:
Probably that's your REAL Japanese name for it might be your true identity or ethnicity.
I find it hard to believe any full Chinese name can be completely converted to a Japanese one. There is no pronunciation for WANG in Japanese, therefore use " OH " as comparable translation.
My Chinese first name means " love " as in " AI " for my actual romanized name,I can use AIKO as a Japanese substitute but my family LAU ( LIU in Mandarin ) has no meaning and there is no Japanese pronunciation for it so there wouldn't be any matching multiple-syllabic Japanese last name.
Do you mean that he's Japanese?? I don't think so.

hayashi=林 This family name is also common in Japan.
tsuyoshi=剛?毅?剛史?剛士?something like that...

osias said:
hayashi=林 This family name is also common in Japan.
tsuyoshi=剛?毅?剛史?剛士?something like that..

Oh .... How CO-INCIDENT for a pro-TI forumer having a " fixed " Nipponized inversible Chinese name ?

Last edited:
ricecake said:
my family LAU ( LIU in Mandarin ) has no meaning and there is no Japanese pronounciation for it so there wouldn't be any matching multiple-syllabic Japanese last name.
You're partly right about character usage in China, Taiwan and Japan
However,
つ"劉"

godppgo said:
The point I really wanted to make is that Japanese police will stop anyone disregard of their races. There is no way of telling I am not a Japanese just by looking at my appearance and yet I was stopped by Japanese police "twice" in 2 days.

You probably LOOKED VERY Chinese to them,they could've mistaken you as illegal Chinese alien.A few mainland Chinese low-life scumbags recruited by Yukuza for some " anti-social dirty works " in Japan for the past 2-3 years commited gruesome murders and hideous crimes as I've seen TV news headlines on a local Japanese language KTSF channel here in northern California.

Last edited:
Mike Cash said:
You know, what's really sad is that there is a large number of impressionable young people on JREF who have never been to Japan and who gullibly base their opinions of the place on your posts.

Well, if they are impressionable, it means that they are senstive, and if so they might feel more like I do than the way you do with your thick skin...

ricecake said:
You probably LOOKED VERY Chinese to them,they could've mistaken you as illegal Chinese alien.A few mainland Chinese low-life immigrants recruited by Yukuza for some " anti-social dirty works " in Japan for the past 2-3 years commited gruesome murders as I've seen TV news headlines on a local Japanese language KTSF channel here in northern California.
No, ricecake, the police stop people regardless of race, as described in Post No. 14 by kkktttt. The thread he posts describes native Japanese discussing and wondering what is the rule of thumb for the police to stop people on bikes for ID checks because some are stopped frequently and others aren't. I'm sure it has nothing to do with godppgo's appearance, and there are native Japanese who look very Chinese! 😊

Somehow this thread has turned into something I wasn't expecting it to be.

As for my name, osias has the right kanji characters. As for how I look, I'll leave that for forum users who have seen me in person to comment on that.

pipokun said:
You're partly right about character usage in China, Taiwan and Japan

However ... つ "劉"

Yes .... This is my family name in Kanji,but there is no Japanese compatible for it though.

What's that little character there,a phonetic symbol ?

*** Back on topic shall we.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom