What's new

Monbukagakusho for Undergraduates

tadaki

後輩
25 Jan 2009
Hi!
I know there are a tonne of posts here on the monbukagakusho, but they feature mostly the graduate/research scholarship. Those that do cover the undergraduate scholarship have not answered my questions yet. So here I am hoping I'm not irritating you guys with a (possibly) repeated set of questions XD

To cut things short, I'm hoping to pursue a degree in Veterinary Medicine, ie Nat. Sci B, and hopefully after that begin working there. [any information on Vet Med degrees in japan would be helpful too]

I'd like to know the following:

1) From what I've come across on these forums, I am assuming that the embassy does not base their selection on current grades [ie, A levels, SAT scores] but on the tests and interview taken at the embassy. Am I correct in assuming this?

2) I understand that the first year of japanese language prep can be foregone if the candidate shows sufficient competency in the language. What exactly does that entail? JLPT certs or just passing the embassy tests?

3) If say, I want to bypass that first year of lang prep, does that mean I'm opting to enter university by direct placement? I'm still quite confused over that point. [direct placement = sitting for the entrance exams?]

Most likely I'll be applying at the Consulate General in Miami. [I've lived and studied in Singapore but I'm a US citizen]

Any help and information at all will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

Hey Tadaki I'm from Singapore as well! I would like to talk to you through email/ MSN if possible because I'm also interested in studying in Japan a few years from now... I'm gonna PM you my email so please do the same for your email thanks! By the way please tell me if you u do/do not use MSN thanks!

Back
Top Bottom