What's new

Miyavi

necrozombie

pLaTfOrM wOoBiE bOoTs
23 Jul 2004
hrm.. well.. i just had to make a thread to miyavi.. (if its been done b4....o well XD)
anyone else here lubb miyavi? :D
(not necessarily lubbing miyabi..because the styles are drastically different)
im not saying that i dislike 'miyabi'.. i just prefer 'miyavi'... cuz he's such an adorable dork! 😍

Last edited by a moderator:
His music's ok, but his image is what got me to like the music. I was supposed to see him at Anime Central (chicago anime convention), but since he hates Americans and likes chicken, he didn't show up, and instead we got SID.

my GF recently dled a whole Miyavi concert..she says it wasn't too good.

And he pulls off dressing like a Japanese bride very well.

XD..

..i went to Acen as well! XD i was with a digi charat group...

i waz sad that miyavi didn't show up, but i lubb him anyway.. X)

who did u go as??

I think Miyavi sucks. He was much better as Miyabi, when he wasn't so pompous, overblown and arrogant. It wouldn't be so bad if he weren't on the cover of Shoxx and Fool's Mate every other month, causing me to want to avoid those magazines 'cause I KNOW what's going to be inside:
Yet another stupid Miyavi photoshoot, with him crossing his eyes and having a moronic grin on his face. Ugh.
Lydia

Ummm..I think his journal entries and letter replies are pure genius. He's really out there and on the edge (with salmon)

i think thats y he is the way he is now..

he never really got to express himself in Due le quartz..

but now that he's got his own thing going on..

he's fusing more and more of his extravagant (and possibly annoying.. to some ppl) style into his music and actions..

necrozombie said:
michi--

any reason y?

Well, Miyavi can't sing. *blocks ears. Though Sakito wasn't spectacular either, I still really like Due le Quartz's music. Miyabi on guitar and only on guitar suits me.

This is of course, my personal opinion.

Miyavi is pretty cool. I like the song Jibun Keikumei 2003. (not sure if I spelled it right, sorry, lol)

yea I did spell it wrong! Jibun Kekumei 2003. sorry!

Need some info on Miyavi

Now I heard that Miyavi used to be in another band before he went solo, and his name was Miyabi. What was the name of that band? Also, I'd like to know what are some great Miyavi songs I should check out (I'm a new fan of his)? 🎈

-Batman

The band name was Due Le Quartz... He was the guitarist from that band. His first single when he went solo is Girl, Be ambitious

You can try his single like Pop is Dead, Jibun Kakumei -2003-, Shindemo Boogie Woogie, and many more... Speaking of Miyavi... I want Miyavi's photobook!!! :(

Oh, and you can try to watch his movie.. [Oresama].

I like Myv...as a matter of fact I was listening to him this morning...O.O I like Miyabi too...and I think Miyabimaru is kyute too! (his cat...^^; ) I dunno something about his fun personality always brightens my mood. Speaking of being on the cover of mag.s every month...what about Gackt and often, Dir en grey? They are on the cover of those alot too...

dir en grey is always number one in my mind, but i was curious as to why most people don't like miyavi

besides the fact that his image is completely different from when he was with due le quartz.

His image is not all that different from when he was in Due.

However, while I did like him while he was in Due, I do not like him now. He has more of his own 'personality', and I don't like his personality. His voice is horrendous. His music isn't anything special, and I haven't remembered much of what it was like, other than that it was bad. Good vocals are something that's very important to me in music, and Miyavi just didn't fit the bill. The only thing good I can think of about him is his guitarwork, and he doesn't play that nearly enough. Well, that and his good looks, but he's also spoiled those by never taking a picture where he isn't making a ridiculous face.

Lydia

i agree with Lydia about his facial expression looking weird. he's always doing something with his lips...

I think his expressions are kyute!! But maybe its because I make strange faces too...o.o

hmm...but one of the things about Myv that appeals to me most is that he DOESN'T have the greatest vocals. It just makes him more special are an artist to me. Oh! And Myv did sing in Due le Quartz, but only back up vocals (more of screaming noises andstuff, really...^^; )

he really is good looking, and while his voice isn't the best, the music in his songs almost makes up for it.

god knows how many times i've gotten "boogie woogie" stuck in my head along with the image of him dancing with those strippers. XD

i recently heard some miyavi's songs and my fav one is tariraritarara. i love th shooting sounds! XD reminds of video games -_-

Have you ever seen Oresama (miyavi's film)??

I've just seen it and even if my japanese is very, very bad I understood almost everything, coz the story is SOOOOO simple....

But I really enjoyed seeing him for more than an hour doing crazy things and beeing absolutely CUTE......

I love this guy!!!!!

lol i like Miyavi, but i dont like him sticking his toungue out all the time -_-;;;;;

i also like Girls, be ambitious and Shindemo Boogie-Woogie

Back
Top Bottom