What's new

MEXT Scholarship (Research/Graduate students) 2021

rockdude

Kouhai
1 Dec 2020
Hey y'all,

Thought I'd get the ball rolling and start a subforum for this year's 2021 MEXT scholarship.

I just submitted my application for IGP-A w/MEXT which is due Dec. 8.

Best of luck to us all!

Hey @rockdude i also applied for MEXT PGP back in December, did the interview and entrance exam in January. I am now waiting for the University results in April, and MEXT approval in July. Although my Prospective Supervisor informed me unofficially in February that i was selected by the university, but he advised i wait for the university announcement in April. Best of luck!.

Have you heard anything from the University yet?

Last edited:
Hey @rockdude i also applied for MEXT PGP back in December, did the interview and entrance exam in January. I am now waiting for the University results in April, and MEXT approval in July. Although my Prospective Supervisor informed me unofficially in February that i was selected by the university, but he advised i wait for the university announcement in April. Best of luck!.

Have you heard anything from the University yet?
Hey Mudassir!

I got the unofficial word from my PI last week as well and he told me to wait until the official announcement but that I shouldn't worry. Their department had three slots and only two applicants this year. Check out the IGP TiTech questions thread.

Historically we should be asked to fill out some unofficial paperwork in late February to confirm our intention of studying at TiTech. Does PGP really have to wait until April?? That's so long!

Last edited:
Hey Mudassir!

I got the unofficial word from my PI last week as well and he told me to wait until the official announcement but that I shouldn't worry. Their department had three slots and only two applicants this year. Check out the IGP TiTech questions thread.

Historically we should be asked to fill out some unofficial paperwork in late February to confirm our intention of studying at TiTech. Does PGP really have to wait until April?? That's so long!
Very long indeed!

But i think it depends on the University, each university sets its own timeline probably.

I guess PGP is just another name for IGP, when will TITECH release their official result for IGP?

Very long indeed!

But i think it depends on the University, each university sets its own timeline probably.

I guess PGP is just another name for IGP, when will TITECH release their official result for IGP?
Oh sorry I missed that you didn't mention you applied to TiTech! Which university did you apply to?

TiTech releases the official results for IGP March 3rd in my time zone (18 days!!)

Best of luck to you.

Oh sorry I missed that you didn't mention you applied to TiTech! Which university did you apply to?

TiTech releases the official results for IGP March 3rd in my time zone (18 days!!)

Best of luck to you.
Sorry i forgot to mention, I applied to SOKENDAI!

Very cool indeed. I hear Hayama is a very nice little place to live.
It's certainly a very nice place to visit (the emperor has a pad there), but it does get packed with people and the roads become gridlocked during weekends and holidays when the weather is good.

Hi, next Monday I'm going to take the written Nikkensei exam, but can't find much information about it. Do you do the interview after you pass the written exam or do you have to do the interview regardless of whether or not you passed the written exam? How long is the written exam? And when do you get the results? I have so many questions 😅

Hi, next Monday I'm going to take the written Nikkensei exam, but can't find much information about it. Do you do the interview after you pass the written exam or do you have to do the interview regardless of whether or not you passed the written exam? How long is the written exam? And when do you get the results? I have so many questions

Hi, next Monday I'm going to take the written Nikkensei exam, but can't find much information about it. Do you do the interview after you pass the written exam or do you have to do the interview regardless of whether or not you passed the written exam? How long is the written exam? And when do you get the results? I have so many questions 😅
From my experience they evaluate exams and interview holistically, and results usually come in a month or two. Sometimes your prospective advisor might tell you the results sooner

From my experience they evaluate exams and interview holistically, and results usually come in a month or two. Sometimes your prospective advisor might tell you the results sooner
Thank you for the answer! Could you tell me what kind of questions do they ask during the interview?

Best of luck to you.
hi! have you hear from TiTech? For Waseda results are not yet available

Hi all,
I haven't seen many posts from Embassy recommended Research/PhD applicants. Are there just fewer Embassy route applicants this year and more University recommended?
I'm currently waiting for results of embassy interviews from my local Consulate-General in the USA for the 2022 application cycle. Are there any updates from other USA/north america applicants?
Good luck to those waiting and congratulations to those accepted!

Hi all,
I haven't seen many posts from Embassy recommended Research/PhD applicants. Are there just fewer Embassy route applicants this year and more University recommended?
I'm currently waiting for results of embassy interviews from my local Consulate-General in the USA for the 2022 application cycle. Are there any updates from other USA/north america applicants?
Good luck to those waiting and congratulations to those accepted!
Hi there! I did a thread here: "Kenkyu" MEXT Scholarship for Graduate/Research Students 2022

Did you get your results?

Back
Top Bottom