What's new

Help Medical Health Examination form, need some help on it

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
Every year here in Japan the city sends out a form for people over a certain age to have a physical examination. Well, I got mine and need to go to one of the clinics provided. Can you guys take a look at the form and briefly tell me what each numbered sentence is about. Just a brief explanation is all and that would be most helpful. Trying to get in today or tomorrow at the clinic. Thanks guys.

PC130001.JPG

Try redoing that by taking the photo straight on instead of at an angle. Break it up into three or four shots.

A "brief explanation"isn't going to cut it; they are health related questions and need to be translated. Fortunately, translating them is no more work than summarizing them.

Try redoing that by taking the photo straight on instead of at an angle. Break it up into three or four shots.

A "brief explanation"isn't going to cut it; they are health related questions and need to be translated. Fortunately, translating them is no more work than summarizing them.

OK, thanks Mike. I didn't want people to put much effort into it, just something simple that I got an idea of what was being ask. But I understand where you are coming from. I'll post again with better photos.

Those are much better. Due to viewing and typing difficulties on the iPad I won't be able to do anything with it for a couple of days, when I will have access to a PC again. In the meantime if anyone else would like to help out, please feel free.

Those are much better. Due to viewing and typing difficulties on the iPad I won't be able to do anything with it for a couple of days, when I will have access to a PC again. In the meantime if anyone else would like to help out, please feel free.

Thanks Mike, I'll also try using google translate tonight. I didn't make it today due to a dental appt, and the cap that was put on hurts and unable to eat on the side of the new cap, so I'll go back tomorrow. I have 6 more days to get the examination done before it expires so I think its still ok if you still take a look at it. I'll do my part also. Again, thanks.

Thanks Mike, I'll also try using google translate tonight. I didn't make it today due to a dental appt, and the cap that was put on hurts and unable to eat on the side of the new cap, so I'll go back tomorrow. I have 6 more days to get the examination done before it expires so I think its still ok if you still take a look at it. I'll do my part also. Again, thanks.

I bet you can get 2 and 3 just by focusing on the katakana, knowing that 下げる(さげる)means lowering, and 薬 is medicine.

I'm not going to go further than that since I don't trust my Japanese.

To make things a bit easier. Some of these words are difficult but it's a good practical application to study:

1-3: 現在、aからcの薬を飲んでいますか。
  1. a.血圧を下げる薬
  2. b.インスリン注射又は血糖を下げる薬
  3. c.コレステロールを下げる薬
  4. 医者から、脳卒中(脳出血、脳梗塞等)にかかっているといわれたり、治療をうけたことがありますか。
  5. 医者から、心臓病(狭心症、心筋梗塞等)にかかっているといわれたり、治療をうけたことがありますか。
  6. 医者から、慢性の腎不全にかかっているといわれたり、治療(人工透析)をうけたことがありますか。
  7. 医者から、貧血といわれたことがありますか。
  8. 現在、たばこを習慣的に吸っていますか。
    (*「現在、習慣的に喫煙している人」とは、「合計100本以上、又は6ヶ月以上吸っている人」であり、最近1ヶ月間も吸っている人」
  9. 20歳のときの体重から10kg以上増加していますか。
  10. 1回に30分以上軽く汗をかく運動を週2日以上、1年以上実施していますか。
  11. 日常生活において歩行又は同等の身体活動を1日に1時間以上実施していますか。
  12. ほぼ同じ年齢の同性と比較して歩く速度が速いですか。
  13. この1年間で体重の増加が±3kg以上ありましたか。
  14. 人と比較して食べる速度が速いですか。
  15. 就寝前の2時間以上に夕飯をとることが週に3回以上ありますか。
  16. 夕食後に間食(3食以外の夜食)をとることが週に3回以上ありますか。
  17. 朝食を抜くことが週3回以上ありますか。
  18. お酒(清酒、焼酎、ビール、洋酒など)を飲む頻度は、どのくらいですか。
  19. 飲酒日の1日当たりの飲酒量は、どのくらいですか。
    清酒1合(180ml)の目安:ビール中瓶1本(500ml)、焼酎35度(80ml),ウイスキーダブル1杯(60ml),ワイン2杯(240ml)
  20. 睡眠で休養が十分とれていますか。
    運動や食生活等の生活習慣を改善してみようと思っていますか。

Besides 医者 vs. 医師, which are the same in meaning after all, (it's amazing that your misreading is practically just only one!) ;

15. 就寝前の2時間以に夕飯をとることが週に3回以上ありますか。
21. 運動や食生活等の生活習慣を改善してみようと思っていますか。
22. 生活習慣の改善について保健指導を受ける機会があれば、利用しますか。

and choices other than "1. Yes 2. No";
14. 1.速い 2.ふつう 3.遅い
18. 1.毎日 2.時々 3.ほとんど飲まない(飲めない)
19. 1.1合未満 2.1~2合未満 3.2~3合未満 4.3合以上
21. 1.改善するつもりはない
2.改善するつもりである(概ね6か月以内)
3.近いうちに(概ね1か月以内)改善するつもりであり、少しずつ始めている
4.既に改善に取り組んでいる(6か月未満)
5.既に改善に取り組んでいる(6か月以上)​

whoops I should've proofread!
Thanks for catching those, @Toritoribe

the time limit has already passed so I wasn't able to edit the changes into my post :(

Last edited:
Come to think of it...I filled out that very same form at the hospital Tuesday of last week. The same questions, anyway.

To make things a bit easier. Some of these words are difficult but it's a good practical application to study:

1-3: 現在、aからcの薬を飲んでいますか。
  1. a.血圧を下げる薬
  2. b.インスリン注射又は血糖を下げる薬
  3. c.コレステロールを下げる薬
  4. 医者から、脳卒中(脳出血、脳梗塞等)にかかっているといわれたり、治療をうけたことがありますか。
  5. 医者から、心臓病(狭心症、心筋梗塞等)にかかっているといわれたり、治療をうけたことがありますか。
  6. 医者から、慢性の腎不全にかかっているといわれたり、治療(人工透析)をうけたことがありますか。
  7. 医者から、貧血といわれたことがありますか。
  8. 現在、たばこを習慣的に吸っていますか。
    (*「現在、習慣的に喫煙している人」とは、「合計100本以上、又は6ヶ月以上吸っている人」であり、最近1ヶ月間も吸っている人」
  9. 20歳のときの体重から10kg以上増加していますか。
  10. 1回に30分以上軽く汗をかく運動を週2日以上、1年以上実施していますか。
  11. 日常生活において歩行又は同等の身体活動を1日に1時間以上実施していますか。
  12. ほぼ同じ年齢の同性と比較して歩く速度が速いですか。
  13. この1年間で体重の増加が±3kg以上ありましたか。
  14. 人と比較して食べる速度が速いですか。
  15. 就寝前の2時間以上に夕飯をとることが週に3回以上ありますか。
  16. 夕食後に間食(3食以外の夜食)をとることが週に3回以上ありますか。
  17. 朝食を抜くことが週3回以上ありますか。
  18. お酒(清酒、焼酎、ビール、洋酒など)を飲む頻度は、どのくらいですか。
  19. 飲酒日の1日当たりの飲酒量は、どのくらいですか。
    清酒1合(180ml)の目安:ビール中瓶1本(500ml)、焼酎35度(80ml),ウイスキーダブル1杯(60ml),ワイン2杯(240ml)
  20. 睡眠で休養が十分とれていますか。
    運動や食生活等の生活習慣を改善してみようと思っていますか。
I'm going to spend some ( a lot ) of time on this. I downloaded rikaichan to help me now.

Thanks nice gaijin

Google Translate works well in this case. It's enough to answer the questions written there. Note that don't forget to translate also the choices I added.

Back
Top Bottom