What's new

Wanted Looking for Japanese Air traffic controllers

Nasa8

Registered
14 Dec 2016
Hi!
I'm an ATC from Russia. I and some of my colleagues are going to visit Japan in April 2017 with sightseeng visa as tourists. Whenever it is possible we are glad to meet local ATCs to make friends and for chating. Previously we visited Iceland, mat controllers there and even visited their Area Center, that was interesting.
Mostly we are going to visit Tokyo, but also going to visit Kyoto , probably Osaka.
If there is anybody there who knows an ATC in Tokyo or ATC themselves, please contact me if you are interested in meeting us in Japan and become friends.

Best regards, Alex, russian ACC ATC.

Last edited:
This is speculation, but as an ancient ATC person (early 70s, US army) I would wonder that, as Russians, if you might run into security considerations here in Japan.

Chatting casually might be nice, but certain airfields in Japan are mixed use--civilian and SDF (our local one is)--and I doubt controllers there are allowed to talk to folks like you. "Allowed" might be the wrong word, but there could easily be all kinds of caution flags.

Sorry to point it out, but given the geo-political considerations, this might be a sensitive area.

This is speculation, but as an ancient ATC person (early 70s, US army) I would wonder that, as Russians, if you might run into security considerations here in Japan.

Chatting casually might be nice, but certain airfields in Japan are mixed use--civilian and SDF (our local one is)--and I doubt controllers there are allowed to talk to folks like you. "Allowed" might be the wrong word, but there could easily be all kinds of caution flags.

Sorry to point it out, but given the geo-political considerations, this might be a sensitive area.

I do understand that there can be some legal circumstances, so if I find ATCs here I'm gonna find out legal issues firstly. Also some ATC centres might be located out of airfields I guess. Any way, if it is not possible to visit ATC centre, it also can be a matter of touristic visa we will be glad just to meet japanese controllers informally if they wish.

Back
Top Bottom