What's new

Looking for hard facts on crime?

FactsGuy

後輩
23 Jun 2008
Hi,
I am new to this forum and was hoping someone here could help me. I'm looking for hard data on crimes committed by US military in Japan, who commits them and what the crimes were. I've seen and read so many general statements about crime, but I'd like to see a list of names, dates, crimes committed, rank & branch and if available the ethnicity of the person.

I know the names, dates, branch and crimes committed is always made available, but I don't know how to find a list of names/crimes in the last 20 years. I don't want to go beyond 20 years back, and I think even the last 10 years would be fine.

If you're curious about my background I'll tell you some, more later if required. I am in the Navy, been to Japan 9 times (hands down my favorite country). Soon I will be stationed there, so I'll have to deal with the screw ups stationed there. I personally don't agree with how the US has handled the criminals being stationed there, but my views aren't the same as US policy, so its a hopeless situation. I just hope the Japanese citizens can team up and make change (I suggest demanding the end of the Status of Forces Agreement).

Anyway, there's bound to be a Japanese website with full list of detail about US military crimes in the last 10-20 years. If someone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

I'm afraid I can't help you with any of that, but I felt I should point out that you could phrase the thread title better to attract people who are likely to help you.
Firstly, the question mark at the end makes it look like you are offering to share "hard facts on crime" with others.
Secondly, making it more specific, like "Looking for hard facts - US military crime in Japan" is likely to attract more visitors that can help you.

I don't think ordinary users can change thread titles after the fact, but perhaps a mod can do it for you if you ask them.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom