What's new

Wanted Looking for a fixer and/or FC contacts, NK-knowledgeable people to assist journalist in Tokyo

19 Jul 2014
I'm trying to find some contacts for a journalist friend of mine from the US who has a story he wants to work on here in Tokyo. He's used to working with fixers in places like Iraq, but I'm not sure how easy it is to find people like that outside of war zones and dictatorships. His request to me as follows:

"A fixer/translator that has experience with journalistic assignments or is well connected. I need to get in touch with the folks that run FC Korea or Koreans of Japan FC. In a perfect world it would be someone that can speak English, Japanese and Korean but I know that's a bit of an ask. English and Japanese is fine though.

"I also would like to speak with fixers or contacts that know about the North Korean shadow economy, more specifically the education sector of their operations. "
Any and all information would be of assistance, whether you have a person I can put him in contact with (message me), or have suggestions of where/who to ask to get further along with this.

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to find some contacts for a journalist friend of mine from the US who has a story he wants to work on here in Tokyo. He's used to working with fixers in places like Iraq, but I'm not sure how easy it is to find people like that outside of war zones and dictatorships. His request to me as follows:

"A fixer/translator that has experience with journalistic assignments or is well connected. I need to get in touch with the folks that run FC Korea or Koreans of Japan FC. In a perfect world it would be someone that can speak English, Japanese and Korean but I know that's a bit of an ask. English and Japanese is fine though.

"I also would like to speak with fixers or contacts that know about the North Korean shadow economy, more specifically the education sector of their operations. "
Any and all information would be of assistance, whether you have a person I can put him in contact with (message me), or have suggestions of where/who to ask to get further along with this.

Thanks in advance!
I know someone but she's in South Africa right now. Native Japanese with excellent English, and has done this work for print, tv, and film in the past. I have no idea about her Korean abilities.

If you PM me your contact details I'll pass them along to her.

I know someone but she's in South Africa right now. Native Japanese with excellent English, and has done this work for print, tv, and film in the past. I have no idea about her Korean abilities.

If you PM me your contact details I'll pass them along to her.
Thank you! I'll PM shortly

Back
Top Bottom