What's new

Like gold? Like coins? Look here. My gold coin collection

A fake coin

Here's a fake american silver eagle coin made in china. Notice the date 1900. There are many counterfeit coins out there. I think this one is made out of tin.

Attachments

• dddddddd (8).JPG
    dddddddd (8).JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 77
EddyKola said:
There are 100s of coins stores in the UK, but none where I live :eek:

a mexican libertitad coin you say....and how much will that be?

Would you like to see silver my mexican liberitad? Or my silver coins?

Now That's Interesting !!

GoldCoinLover said:
Here's a fake american silver eagle coin made in china. Notice the date 1900. There are many counterfeit coins out there. I think this one is made out of tin.

Nice to learn a fact I never heard before! I think of conterfeit bills, never occured to me about coins. Thanks for educating me GCL !

Frank

👍

Frank D. White said:
Nice to learn a fact I never heard before! I think of conterfeit bills, never occured to me about coins. Thanks for educating me GCL !

Frank

👍

no problem. and they are everywhere, just look on ebay. Never buy raw coins from eBay (which means they arent graded by professionals) at least not gold coins. Gold coins are the most counterfeited. :(

Frank D. White said:

Frank

👍

I actually went to school with a guy who ended up as a guest of Her Majesty for a time during the early 'sixties! He was nailed for churning out fake British "Half Crowns" by the score ... mainly to buy cigarettes!

GCL said:
That's a beautiful piece! The best I have is a badly worn 1853 copper cent from the United states of american. Its called a large cent, do you want to see it? Its bigger than a quarter. The first cents were actually quite large.

Yes! Would be most interested! I guess the first cents were possibly based on English pennies - they were about the size of a garbage can lid if I remember!

My half-sovereign is quite tiny BTW - about the same size as a US cent.

Regards, and thanks

John

Sensuikan San said:
I actually went to school with a guy who ended up as a guest of Her Majesty for a time during the early 'sixties! He was nailed for churning out fake British "Half Crowns" by the score ... mainly to buy cigarettes!

Yes! Would be most interested! I guess the first cents were possibly based on English pennies - they were about the size of a garbage can lid if I remember!

My half-sovereign is quite tiny BTW - about the same size as a US cent.

Regards, and thanks

John

Here you go, I believe the date says 1853 but it is very worn so impossible to know. The coin is roughly bigger than a quarter.

I just got a letter though my door asking if I wanted a Indian Head Gold Half Eagle coin....for $687

You for yours for $250....where from :p....I want one :D

Back
Top Bottom