What's new

Lesson 2 Universal Design Part 3 Practice 1

Yeah, I was just saying, like I think you realised, that if I think it's awkward then to me it's poor English, and that is exactly the debate. Obviously what I think does not make something true, that's why we're enjoying a good debate :emoji_relaxed: Otherwise no-one could answer any of Hirashin's questions as we would all be saying "You're opinion doesn't make it true"

Yes, at first I said maps don't guide you anywhere. I made the mistake there of thinking of guide as in the sense of a tour guide actually telling you where to go and giving you a route to follow, not simply as in providing information about locations. However, I stand by what I said latterly. All maps could be classified as guidemaps, as that is what maps do, provide information about an area, in whatever shape or form. Guide is implicit in the meaning of map. Secondly, I would assert it is not in common use nowadays. Certainly in the UK, you would just never use the term. I never said I was addressing a point you had made; I was pointing out that just because you can find some people who say something a certain way doesn't mean it is acceptable. Like I said, all of the major publications you see use the terms I have described previously, and even if they didn't I would still argue it was poor English for reasons I have given above.

Back
Top Bottom