What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Labour minister: high heels at work necessary

mdchachi

Reaction score

misternada

後輩
Reaction score
I am totally for women to wear high heels.
This is part of the eye candies we can still enjoy in Japan and not so much in the Western world.
Thank you Takumi Nemoto for fighting to keep Japan as we know it.

heels-stilettoes-generic-sky-news_4685922.jpg

bentenmusume

やれやれ
Contributor
Reaction score
So I assume by your post here that you mean you don't merely think it's a good thing that Japanese women can wear high heels if they want to, but believe that it's perfectly fine and even desirable that they should be forced to do so in professional situations even against their own wishes or free will?

So basically, you think that Japanese women should consider themselves fortunate that they're mandated by their employers to provide eye candy for you?

It's actually kind of interesting to me how you disparage Japanese men in most of your posts, but go out of your way here to praise a random oyaji politician for fighting to force Japanese women to be subservient to their (old Japanese male) bosses because it provides you with the eye candy that you desire.

misternada

後輩
Reaction score
but go out of your way here to praise a random oyaji politician for fighting to force Japanese women to be subservient to their (old Japanese male) bosses because it provides you with the eye candy that you desire.
A "oyaji politician" standing up for men's privileges against progressivism and political correctness that require some balls we ought to give him credit for that ! ;) (y)

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
Why don't you wear heels all day for a month and then tell us how you think your female coworkers should suck it up just so you have something to ogle. You should also tell it to them directly so they know that you value your sexual gratification over their comfort in the workplace.

misternada

後輩
Reaction score
I did not know there were so many guys out there worrying about Japanese women comfort in the workplace !
If you guys are social justice warriors Japan is the right country for you, there are lot of fights waiting for you here ! :sneaky:

bentenmusume

やれやれ
Contributor
Reaction score
Some of us actually have spouses, friends, colleagues, and clients who are professional Japanese women, so yes, we can empathize with them wanting to be comfortable when they do their jobs.

On the other hand, if "Japanese women" are just exotic flowers that exist for you to ogle at, I can see why this wouldn't be a particular concern of yours.

And you might want to stop making assumptions about people. I can't remember a single time I've ever gotten into a "fight" in Japan about social issues. (Then again, I've never found myself running from the police or screaming at Japanese women when I was out jogging, so clearly our experiences are different.)

misternada

後輩
Reaction score
Exotic flowers ? no, not really ! :D

I feel women in Japan are independent enough to fight for their own rights and don't need my help.
This is a forum and I just gave my opinion on the matters, now I couldn't care less if some foreigners go to manifest in front of the guy's office to fight for Japan women rights.

On another hand educating Japanese about racism is one of my duty as a foreigner living in Japan, I do it not only for myself but also for others,
recently I was at a new doctor office and there was 3 children books on the table in his waiting room, one of them was "The Story of Little Black Sambo",
now you might know there are some controversies regarding this book, don't know how he manage to choose this title amongst the thousand of title available for children nowadays ...

I guess everybody have their own priorities.

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
Japanese women can fight for themselves and are doing that, which is what this thread is all about. Some may choose to pick up the gauntlet and join the fight, the rest of us on the sidelines can either celebrate their progress, or cheer on the people trying to stop them. In doing the latter, you make your priorities pretty clear.

Davey

Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom