What's new

kyushu → osaka/tokyo

fumi

後輩
14 Oct 2003
Hi all ^^
I might be going for a homestay this coming May at Kyushu. Is there anything fun/nice to do there? Kyushu seemed so rural to me.. I tried looking for guide books, but kinokuniya only has Japan in general and just tokyo alone.

And, i should be extending my stay in japan. so i'm deciding if i should go to osaka. Or tokyo. I was in tokyo last july alone and it was fun. So this year, perhaps osaka? i kinda want to see osaka too..

my [true] intentions (hoho.. ^^;) is to stock up on my anime/manga/clothings/cds.. So, any suggestions? osaka or tokyo?

2ndly, since i'm a student, is there any cheap hotels in osaka/tokyo? I stayed at prince last year and it was expensive (hehh..), if i were to extend my stay, for let's say 1 or 2 weeks.. it wont be cheap...
I know one, kimi ryokan. but that's in tokyo..

lastly, i'm guessing that from kyushu there's shinkansen to either osaka/tokyo..

thanks if anyone can help ☆⌒(*^∇゜)v ありがとう!

Check in the Practical section of theis site or do a search it could answer your question maybe.

i have two friends from kyushu... maybe they can give me some info (but i doubt it)
will try though
i can answer manga question -- mandarake is in both osaka and tokyo
they have anime also
tokyo probably has more cd stores as well
RECOfan is based in tokyo only afaik

Kyushu is a beautiful island and does have a few larger sized cities (Fukuoka, Nagasaki) but if you're basically going to Japan just for shopping I'd stick to Osaka or Tokyo as they're easier to fly into. Kyushu has many sightseeing and cultural things to do and the scenery is beautiful, but it probably wouldn't be appreciated by all city-loving people.

hmm.. i just knew, from email that i'll be going to fukuoka for the homestay..

FUKUOKA IS ALSO FAMOUS FOR ...

the Hakata Dolls. They come in all types & sizes(and prices) and are very beautiful. Nagasaki is a beautiful city surounded by high hills, similer to a bowl. The museum
for the atom bomb attack is very interesting! There are many beautiful islands all around Kyushu that have some real fancy ferry boats to travel on. WAY down south is the fun resort town of Beppu. It used to have rides and a zoo.
Another neat thing if you can find one is a koi(gold fish)
farm. Thousands of fish in all sizes & colors! If you're a golfer, there were driving ranges and courses , but expensive. I wish I could tell you more, but it's been over 30 years since my last visit.

Frank

😆

ttp://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/GJ/BTG/i.pdf
has listing of information installations located there...
still have not caught up with any of my girls, but then again, the info (that they have) might be outdated

Back
Top Bottom