What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Kids and their stress due to COVID

Davey

Reaction score
Interesting article.

"32 percent would not wish it to be known if they or their family members become infected with the virus, while 47 percent believe most people would wish to keep it a secret."

"Twenty-two percent said they would not want to play or hang out with those who have contracted the virus, even once they recover."

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I doubt that the numbers for adults would be much different. I'm surprised that only 47 per cent of respondents believe most people would wish to keep an infection a secret. Hell, I wouldn't like our neighbours to know if I was infected for fear of irrational reactions.

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Reaction score
I agree with Thomas. I suspect that 47% SAY that, but that doesn't mean they would necessarily react in the same way. I wouldn't share it with too many people if I got Covid-19, either.

Lothor

Proofreader extraordinaire
Donor
Reaction score
Though I don't doubt that the lives of many children have become more difficult, particularly those whose parents have been affected by the virus, the situation is not entirely clear cut, with some teens having a rough time at school actually doing better at home.

Top Bottom