What's new

Seeking Kanemitsu family from Beppu City

Donald innis

Registered
26 Feb 2020
I am trying to locate members of the Kanemitsu family that lived at x-x Haramachi Beppu City. Their names were Miyoko, Emiko, Kimiko. and Tochi-yuki.

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the detailed address since it's personal information.

Have you ever tried to contact them? The address is not changed at all, and there is a usual stand-alone house there, not an apartment or something, so it's possible that they still live at the same place.

Thank you but they sold the house. I was told that Emiko is now in a nursing home in Oita. Toshiyuki and his wife recently moved to a new home too. Kimiko is devorced and I am not sure where she is but I would think she is in the Oita area. I am planning to visit in the fall (based on the virus conditions) for a couple of weeks. I do have a copy of Miyoko's kosekitohon ?? Spelling

If you send a letter to that house, the post office may forward it for you automatically.

If you send a letter to that house, the post office may forward it for you automatically.
That's quite a long shot. The post office does a free forwarding service for a year at a time that you can keep renewing but I imagine that most people don't bother for more than a few years.

Thank you but they sold the house. I was told that Emiko is now in a nursing home in Oita. Toshiyuki and his wife recently moved to a new home too. Kimiko is devorced and I am not sure where she is but I would think she is in the Oita area. I am planning to visit in the fall (based on the virus conditions) for a couple of weeks. I do have a copy of Miyoko's kosekitohon ?? Spelling
The present address is not written on kosekitōhon or kosekishōhon, but you know her kanji name, then?

Thank you all for your replies and advice. As you suggested, I sent a letter to the old address but it was returned as undeliverable so they must have moved more than one year ago. I was told that If I have a copy of their kosekitohon I can go to the city hall and they will provide their most recent address. Is that true? Can you suggest another way I might able to locate them? Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I was told that If I have a copy of their kosekitohon I can go to the city hall and they will provide their most recent address. Is that true?
That's not true. The present address could be written on koseki no fuhyō (the supplementary family register), but you need a letter of attorney by them to get it, i.e., it's impossible to get it without contacting them. (If you are their relative, an official document to prove it and your identification are needed.)

If you have kosekitōhon, you can see their kanji names on it, can't you?

Back
Top Bottom