What's new

Kanamara Matsuri

mush912 said:
Can anyone tell me the dates for the Kanamara Matsuri festival in 2005? 🙂

It is a festival of Kanayama Shrine in the precincts of a Wakamiya Hachiman shrine of Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa. 👍

It is done on the first Sunday of April
The festival enshrines penes of a man 😌
A festival to worship "sex and God of a blacksmith's"
http://tomuraya.co.jp/wakamiya-10.htm

There is the same festival in other areas.
On March 13, 2005, it is done in Tochio-shi, Niigata.
"HODARE MATURI" 🙂
越後の奇祭 ほだれ祭
http://xxokapi.cool.ne.jp/fuyu/totiohodare/hodarematuri.htm

Damicci said:
Holy sh!@. Sex festivals. I love Japan. er I mean that is very interesting. :eek:
Kora Kora 😌
This Shinto shrine worships God of "KANAYAMA HIKO god" and "KANAYAMA HIME god".
"Sex and God of Kaji" are God coming out to the Japanese myth "NIHON SYOKI (Japan Chronicle of Japan)".
When "IZANAMI NO MIKOTO" produced God of fire, she did a big fire wound in the abdominal region.
It is God who nursed this.
There is profit in delivery, illness of a lower part of the body.
Now I grant a child and gather faith as God of couple harmony, God of a "AIDS" treatment, sex God. :)

So you're saying April 2nd. I have seen so many different dates and i am unable to read the Japanese sites, so it's hard for me to tell. Thanks for the input!

I've never heard of a festival like this before, but the way you guys posted about it, sounds really interesting and I wished I could come and see it for myself.

*pouts*

are there any pictures on this festival?

If you go to the Japanese country, you can often watch an object of worship which resembled this. :eek: 😌
It is a flow of ancient shamanism.
A photograph!
I do not display it by an ethical problem. :sorry:

Hiroyuki Nagashima said:
If you go to the Japanese country, you can often watch an object of worship which resembled this. :eek: 😌
It is a flow of ancient shamanism.
A photograph!
I do not display it by an ethical problem. :sorry:

LOL>ROTF! I think I know what you mean *laughs* :) 😊

かなまら祭り

Thousands Gather for Fertility Festival
Meshimori Onna, a name meaning waitress but actually the term given to prostitutes who serviced travelers along the Tokaido, began the Kanamara Festival in the Edo Period (1604-1868), when they offered prayers at the shrine for prosperous business and protection from sexually transmitted diseases, gonorrhea in particular.

Now, the shrine continues to attract worshippers for the same reasons, while operators say visitors can also pray for childbirth, healthy offspring, easy delivery and marital harmony.
It seems that weather was not the best this year.

Back
Top Bottom