What's new

Just wanted to take a moment to Introduce myself.

OCodyD

Registered
30 Apr 2021
皆さん、こんにちは。コーデイと言います。初めまして。

I am a 33 year old, digital artist, writer, martial artist and musician, looking to finally learn Japanese, after years of trying to find the time to do so. Unfortunately, I am stuck learning alone with my only tools being Duolingo and Rosetta Stone, I have a few language exchange partners, but more would be amazing. I would also love to make some new friends in Japan and would be more than willing to assist you in learning English - to the best of my ability.

Single Dad
Digital Artist :emojionestart💻emojioneend:
Writer :emojionestart📖emojioneend:
Musician :emojionestart🎸emojioneend:
Singer :emojionestart🎤emojioneend:
Dancer :emojionestart🕺emojioneend:
Cook :emojionestart🍱emojioneend:
Rugby :emojionestart🏉emojioneend:
Baseball
Judo :emojionestart🥋emojioneend::emojionestart🇯🇵emojioneend:
Taekwondo :emojionestart🥊emojioneend::emojionestart🇰🇷emojioneend:
Muay Thai:emojionestart🥊emojioneend::emojionestart🇨🇷emojioneend:
Jiu Jitsu :emojionestart🥋emojioneend::emojionestart🇧🇷emojioneend::emojionestart🎮emojioneend:
NJPW プロレス Fan :emojionestart🤼emojioneend:

よろしくお願いします。

Making some new friends would be great, but if you are looking to learn English, or find that learning Japanese alone has become taxing, perhaps we can help one another.

Welcome. Most people here are English speakers but this is the right place if you have any questions about the Japanese language or Japan in general.

Hey! Yeah this whole site has so much about Japanese language😂😂😂 your gonna like it.

welcome to the board from a fellow martial artist and language enthusiast. To get some good exposure and listening practice, you can tune into some Japanese news here: 動画ニュース連続再生 - NetTV-News on the Web

And you can look up the Learning Language with Netflix plugin, which lets you watch with multiple subtitle sets, change the video speed and I think it may have a built in dictionary?

Lastly, a dictionary extension like Rikaikun/Rikaichan will let you check the meaning and pronunciation of words with a mouseover

There are apps/sites you can do language exchange with. I think hellotalk is the current trend. I have not used it but that should help you find someone to exchange with in Japan.

There may be Japanese locally as well. University students, interns at companies, maybe a Japan America society branch near you can introduce you to some. Interns and people here on 1-3 year rotations is down due to covid at the moment but often they are looking for people to hang with. You can learn Japanese that way. Anyway just some ideas albeit dependent on where you live.

Back
Top Bottom