What's new

Introducing myself

vela

Registered
17 Sep 2020
O hi!

I have been an enthusiast of japanese culture since when I started practicing Ninjutsu in a Bujinkan Dojo in Brazil as teenager 20 years ago, where the participants were following as much of the japanese tradition as the circumstances would allow, like room decoration, clothes, respectful habits, and a bit of language as well like original names for things, counting numbers, giving basic instructions etc. And everything always felt so... satisfying, in a way which is hard to put down in words. Like a garden you don't want to leave.

Nowadays I see a lot of anime-lovers on internet and they seem to love japanese culture a lot, but I don't feel we are similar. I mean I do appreciate anime, but I'm way more interested in going out wearing a haori than some anime-chan t-shirt. Maybe the martial art side which seems to be based in outdated ancient culture is more appealing to me than the modern stuff? I don't really know...

But I ended up finding this forum for a completely different reason. I am a game developer and I'm participating in a game jam (a challenge of creating a small game in a short deadline, like a couple of days), and I would like to put some japanese scenario/mood in it, just because I like it. But I don't want to put something there which end up being offensive or wrong to the culture, due to my ignorance, so I was browsing internet looking for those online chat rooms with translators and volunteers so I could ask a japanese person for advice on this. I still want the advice but I will possibly stay for help learning the language as well. =)

Welcome! You've come to the right place. We've all been drawn to Japan for one reason or another -- in my case, the language itself was the initial draw -- and can certainly help with game scenarios and language questions.

Back
Top Bottom