What's new

Today June 2021

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Share your daily events and activities in the month of June. I hope I won't be the only one! :)

I had time after work today and cycled up the Arakawa. I haven't been there for at least 8 years, it was good to see that nothing has changed there. Max temp according to my bicycle computer: 31°C!

full

Old Iwabuchi Watergate (旧岩淵水門):

full

full

full

Asaka Suimon (朝霞水門):

full

Sad news for cat and train lovers: yesterday Nya, the feline stationmaster of JR Bungo-Taketa Sta. in Ōita Prefecture, died in an accident. The nature of the accident has not been reported.

nya-bungo-taketa.jpg

It was only in April that Nya celebrated her third year "in office":

Beautiful days, while we are awaiting the rainy season. Well, not exactly awaiting...

Upstream Tamagawa last Thursday. I was tempted to drop the bicycle and take a plunge.

upstream-tamagawa.jpg

And again Hamura Weir.

hamura-weir.jpg

Starbucks is celebrating its 25th anniversary in Japan. They will release frappuccinos exclusive to each prefecture:

starbucks-jimoto-frappuccino.jpg

Mie Prefecture has removed an illustration from their website that was considered xenophobe by many Japanese visitors to the page.

mie-prefecture-xenophobe-illustration.jpg

The illustration depicts three foreign nationals who either have no residency status or falsely pretend to have a "cook" or "study abroad" visa status while working as construction workers or hostesses. According to the prefectural police, the illustration was internally available and was used for public relations purposes.

What's sad is the frequency and the carelessness regarding "things foreign".

Back
Top Bottom