What's new

JREF new design : we want your opinion

Which Design do you prefer ? (check links below)

• Dynamic & Simple

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Dynamic & Colourful

• Current design (colouful)

• None of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them

• Don't know

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other alternative

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maciamo

先輩
17 Jul 2002
We are planning a redesign of the site's headers. We would like to know which design you prefer. You are free to make suggestions too.

Currently, we have been hesitating between :

Dynamic & Simple

Dynamic & Colourful

Current Design (colourful)

What do you think of having different styles for category index pages (eg. here the Culture index) and content pages (artciles, etc.) ? For example, we could keep the "DynamiC & Colourful" design for index pages and use the "Dynamic & Simple" for other pages. Would it be better to keep the same design on every pages.

Maciamo said:
For example, we could keep the "DynamiC & Colourful" design for index pages and use the "Dynamic & Simple" for other pages.
yeah that, i like the colorful bit alot but i think for links/articles it might better to go simple.

I like Dynamic and Colourful because I think it looks very professional and it is easy to get the whole overview of the page. without too many colours, but enough colours to give it a little spice..

The third option can be very confusing, especially because of too many colourful links on the right side.

i like the dynamic and simple because it really has the professional look that is reflected in the texts on jref.

Miss_apollo7 said:
The third option can be very confusing, especially because of too many colourful links on the right side.

Oh, that's actually a mistake, as all pages should have these links. 😌

A slight preference for the current design, for it gives a somewhat more structured impression. But I'm not really a design freak, the simple one would do as well.

Me too.

TwistedMac said:
i like the dynamic and simple because it really has the professional look that is reflected in the texts on jref.

Me too I like Dynamic and Simple..

I like simple, but not too plain, like how it is now. Everytime a website changes their design (like Yahoo did) it freaks me out for a while, but I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually.

The way this site is organized is great though. It would be hard to improve on that. This site should be the model for how a site is organized. Every now and then I'll go check out another site and get frustrated because the way everything is set up just isn't nearly as good, accessible, and easy to use.

JREF, you rock!

Winter said:
Isnt simple a contradiction of dynamic?

By Dynamic, I mean animated (mouse-over) category buttons. By Simple, I mean fixed ones (no mouse-over).

Hmm.. I'm really quite surprised that the current design is losing.. I really don't like the Dynamic type.. The current folder types are really cool.. Me and Esca can't be the only ones who like them? Dynamic is too plain..

dynamic and simple.

one unique color for the selectors (directory, forum, galery, classfieds,...)
one unique width for the selectors

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom