What's new

JR East to release an official train simulator

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
On 20 September, JR East will release an official train simulator on Steam that allows train aficionados to experience a driver's work. The game is based on actual JR simulators used in driver training. It uses accurate recreations of the Hachikō Line between Takasaki and Kuragano Stations and the Keihin Tōhoku Line from Ōmiya to Urawa Stations. In the former, players control a KiHa 100 Series heading north; in the latter, they guide a southbound E233 Series train.

jr-east-simulator-steam.jpg

This might seem really limited, but that's because this is only the early release version of the game. Once the full game is released, there will be much more variety in rolling stock and routes as well as the ability to mix and match trains and lines. There is also an adjustable difficulty which seems to largely hinge on how strictly you're judged when stopping the train in exactly the correct position on the platform.

Trailer:

Official website:

I had seen news about this already and am looking forward to trying it out. Such a cool thing to do, but I hope its affordable.
Maybe it will give them more candidates for train engineers (drivers).

I haven't been on a train since May, but I would love to try this on a simulation of my local JR line. :)

Work at home, bicycle, and car. Thanks to the pandemic. 🕺

Back
Top Bottom