What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

JDM Expo. Are they Legit?

Andrew Sobania

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking to do business with this company because they have a car that I was looking to import but am concerned they aren't legit because of the money wire they are requesting and from other complaints from supposed customers. Can you confirm for me?

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score

Andrew Sobania

Registered
Reaction score
I have been in contact with them for about a month now about purchasing a car. I've just been getting concerned because I'm getting more and more interested in actually purchasing the vehicle so I looked up reviews and others have been saying they're a scam. So I thought I should make a thread to see what I can find

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I cannot vouch for them, but I'd assume that their reviews would look differently if they were indeed scammers.

google-review.png

Please keep us posted, and good luck!

mdchachi

Reaction score
They claim they have an branch in Albany NY and that you can go look at the cars in inventory but I can't find anything registered under "JDM" there and they don't provide the address on their web site. I would call them and pretend you want to go look at their lot in Albany and ask for the address. And also ask why you can't find it on Google. See if they have a good explanation.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
They are under :jdmsportclassics.com according to Google. So that parts legit I guess.

mdchachi

Reaction score
They are under :jdmsportclassics.com according to Google. So that parts legit I guess.
But that web site says their facility is in Michigan and says nothing about Albany NY. Are you sure it's the same company?

Andrew Sobania

Registered
Reaction score
But that web site says their facility is in Michigan and says nothing about Albany NY. Are you sure it's the same company?
They supposedly have a lot through an american importer based in NY, but if that's true or not idk.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
I Googled "import car dealers in Albany New York" and their site popped up about 6 or 8 down on the list. I didn't bother to read it all though. It said in big letters "Albany New York" at the top and that was all I took time to read. Then like you say , when you read the info , it says MI. I guess next time , I better read the fine print , LOL.

JDM.jpg

Last edited:

Andrew Sobania

Registered
Reaction score
The company has a facebook and an instagram I just found out and it seems more and more like they're a legit company based on most customer reviews. It's more than just a few people too, it's hundreds.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Hope you end up getting your dream vehicle. I always planned to get an early 70's Datsun Z , but never followed through.

Top Bottom