What's new

Japanese Whitening Products

babykong143

後輩
6 May 2008
What are the most popular and effective Japanese Whitening products available in Japan? Products like Shiseido Purewhite, Kanebo Super White?
Where can I buy them from the cheapest, is it true there is a discount if we buy in bulk? Hope someone can help me, thank you.

There are rarely discounts for buying in bulk. Are you looking for an online store to ship internationally, or are you going to Japan and want to buy (tooth?) whitening products for some reason?

Whitening Products

not tooth whitening but beauty supplements you take for whiter, nicer skin.

like the brands i have mentioned, can you guys help me i'd like to buy online or at the stores. there's a site called rakuten if i remember right, does it have an english one?

Rakuten is a online shopping mall, there are many shops but it is available only in Japanese language and to my knowledge most shops do not ship overseas.

I came across some local J-firms have a policy written like this

* 海外へのお届けは出来ません > It is not possible to deliver it to foreign countries.

So far,I have no luck of locate a Japanese manufacturer of traditional goods ( 伝統の土産 ) would handle overseas customers.

Apparently all Japanese skin creams containing skin whitening products;

BBC - Leicester - Features - A Whiter Shade Of Pale?

There are many dodgey skin whitening products on the market though, even a lot of the legal "safe" ones have not had much proper research done on their long term effects, and the consequences of bad skin whitening products can be shockingly horrible (think scaley, blotchy, rough, sore skin and internal health problems etc);

BBC NEWS | Africa | Tanzania counts cost of 'white skin'

shiseido purewhite

i believe shiseido is a reputable company
i have beautiful skin because of them
most of the ingredients are natural.

im going to tokyo in january. saan ba nakakabili ng shiseido purewhite? meron ba sa shiseido counters nito? saan ko mahahanap ang shiseido in tokyo? sa malls lang ba?

If you want pale white skin, do it the cheap way. Stay in doors, and get some leeches.

(seriously... a tan and skin color does NOT look bad!)

skin whitening pills

hey there people, im really really really interested in getting the Yllume skin whitening tablets, the main ingredeint is patented and completly new, and used for the first time in the world, i was wondering if anyone has heard of it, or have tried it?

Thanks Yuki

why is whitening so popular?
are japanese that dark?
I have read an article explaining that somewhere (though I'm not satisfied with those "reasons" at all...) It was like below, FYI.

(1) Japanese people historically like whitening
This is not any explanation why whitening is popular, but it's interesting. A book called Ishinpo, which is considered as the oldest surviving Japanese medical text, already described some ways to whiten the skin. The book was written in 984.

(2) Kabuki's popularity in the Edo period
This is also a traditional factor. Face powder in the Edo period was exclusively white. That was partly because of technical limitations in developing faint-colored powders, but it was good for kabuki actors as they needed to stand out on the stage away from the audience. Kabuki actors were icons among the city people. Naturally, white skin and white powders branded with names of kabuki actors became popular.

(3) Value of tanned skin
Generally, annual sunshine in hours in Japan is much longer than most cities in Europe. (I think Mediterranean region is exceptional, but I'm not sure.) In Europe, consciously or unconsciously, tanned skin can be a kind of "high status" that shows you're "luxury" enough to have a long vacation. That logic does not work in Japan at all.

Personally, I do not care at all about whitening (of myself as a male and of women around me including my wife), and have no personal idea why it's so popular.

By the way, amazon.co.jp deals with some cosmetics and they can ship to outside of Japan.

wow, thanks. 🙂

whenever I heard whitening, it is always dental, but maybe some people values to get lighter skins, and apply it to skins.

I am not Japanese but I always wanted a lighter and even skin tone. I started talking Vitamin C and Japanese supplements about a year ago. Now I am living in Japan for a few months and seeing everything on the shelf is pretty mind blowing. I started with shiseido and I decided to continue with Shiseido products.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't understand how people actually WANT to use those.
When I first came to Japan I accidentally bought one of them, put them on my face and got a heart attack when I saw my clown-white face in the mirror! Horrible!
It's just against my sense of beauty. A super white and pale face means you are sick!
I prefer to get some tan.

I can't understand how people actually WANT to use those.
When I first came to Japan I accidentally bought one of them, put them on my face and got a heart attack when I saw my clown-white face in the mirror! Horrible!
It's just against my sense of beauty. A super white and pale face means you are sick!
I prefer to get some tan.

LOL, it's usually Asian women that wants to look fairer, especially Singapore women :p

Back
Top Bottom