What's new

Japanese Television and Nudity

I will never under stand why fat butts and oversized boobs are the "in thing" now. I guess it's because I picture what they will look like when they hit 70 or 80. To each his own I guess. I'm so old fashioned , I even get grossed out on TV when it's 2 gay guys French kissing. From what I see on the internet , I'm a "boomer" and racist for my outdated feelings.

So uncle frank, what did get you interested in Japan and Japanese music?

I lived on the southern island of Kyushu in the city of Fukuoka for 2 years. The spy base was over crowded , so they gave me an extra $80 a month to live off base. I had a ton of time off work so I kind of went native. I took a college course on Japanese and learned enough to get around. My second year I worked in a Japanese underground bar where the juke box never stopped . I also was engaged to marry my Japanese girlfriend the second year there and we had a nice house we shared. She usually had the radio on playing Japanese music. That was what bought me to JREF in the first place many years ago , trying to find old friends(never did). I was in Japan from Jan. 1970 till Feb. 1972.

Yes this is the pinnacle of American pop culture right now.
I didn't even know they had a "clean" version. I kept waiting for the real lyric to drop.

As a moderator, I had to watch all of that to check its suitability! Actually, I found it rather a turnoff - everyone trying way too hard!
This is the radio(?) edit, the uncensored version is much more explicit.

I'm not sure how much of a gauge WAP is for American prudishness, as it's received both extremes of support/accolades from those who understand it to be a counterpoint to pop culture's longstanding misogyny, and has been condemned by the conservative/religious right. I'd say there's been some progress, but overall the sticks in the mud have ensured that we are just spinning our wheels. Just look at the reception of Lil Nas X over the past few years.

This is the radio(?) edit, the uncensored version is much more explicit.

I'm not sure how much of a gauge WAP is for American prudishness, as it's received both extremes of support/accolades from those who understand it to be a counterpoint to pop culture's longstanding misogyny, and has been condemned by the conservative/religious right. I'd say there's been some progress, but overall the sticks in the mud have ensured that we are just spinning our wheels. Just look at the reception of Lil Nas X over the past few years.
What did you think of the video? Morally, I have no issues with it, but I found the conspicuous display of wealth and in-your-face sexuality unpleasant, not to mention the dreadful interior decor!

What did you think of the video? Morally, I have no issues with it, but I found the conspicuous wealth and in-your-face sexuality unpleasant.
I don't disagree with you when looking at the video on its own merits, out of context. I find Cardi B to be a rather grating and obnoxious character, whether it's a genuine or a creation of hers to gain fame and fortune, so I didn't expect to like anything she "puts out," so to speak.

But viewed in the context of a sea of misogynistic songs and male artists with equally in-your-face sexuality and conspicuous consumption? I say, good for them. The lyrics made me laugh a few times, so points for being clever and not just raunchy.

We could wax philosophical about how they're turning a male-dominated industry on their head, but it may end up looking a little like this:

I don't disagree with you when looking at the video on its own merits, out of context. I find Cardi B to be a rather grating and obnoxious character, whether it's a genuine or a creation of hers to gain fame and fortune, so I didn't expect to like anything she "puts out," so to speak.

But viewed in the context of a sea of misogynistic songs and male artists with equally in-your-face sexuality and conspicuous consumption? I say, good for them. The lyrics made me laugh a few times, so points for being clever and not just raunchy.

We could wax philosophical about how they're turning a male-dominated industry on their head, but it may end up looking a little like this:

This video was so funny omg🤣🤣🤣 "its just about buts." -Doja Cat

Back
Top Bottom