21 May 2003
The world news finished off tonight with a "Famous?"
race horse that has lost 106 times in a row! But, large
crowds are going to bet on him because the loosing
tickets are considered "GOOD" luck?
Anyone in Japan know about this??

Frank

:mad:

He He, I Didn't Catch The Name, But ....

a loser like that should be called............??

NOW EVERYONE CAN SUGGEST A NAME OF THEIR
FAVORITE LOSER TILL WE GET THE REAL NAME !!

I'll pick Sadam !

Frank

😊

Horse is called "Harurara"

Part of the attraction is the darn thing keeps trying - and getting beat.

My wife said since the economy is in a bad way, people like to see things 'gambaru' or keep at it no matter what. I said I thought it would be nice if the hourse one once... get all that gambaru-ing to pay off.

On a side not, betting stubs for this horse are kept as charms against things like traffic accidents. In Japanese, if you win in a gambling situation, winning is called to 'ataru' - or 'hit.' As in "hit the jackpot." 'Ataru' also is used in the normal way to hit or to strike. Since the horse can never 'ataru'/hit, people with the losing betting stubs also will not be hit in more literal situations - like when driving a car.

Interesting how a losing horse can translate into a charm against traffic accidents :)

You Got The News Story Right On The Money!!

Mandylion said:
Horse is called "Harurara"

Part of the attraction is the darn thing keeps trying - and getting beat.

My wife said since the economy is in a bad way, people like to see things 'gambaru' or keep at it no matter what. I said I thought it would be nice if the hourse one once... get all that gambaru-ing to pay off.

On a side not, betting stubs for this horse are kept as charms against things like traffic accidents. In Japanese, if you win in a gambling situation, winning is called to 'ataru' - or 'hit.' As in "hit the jackpot." 'Ataru' also is used in the normal way to hit or to strike. Since the horse can never 'ataru'/hit, people with the losing betting stubs also will not be hit in more literal situations - like when driving a car.

Interesting how a losing horse can translate into a charm against traffic accidents :)

The stubs & car crashes were the main storyline!

Frank

👍 🍾 :sing:

HAHA, what was the actual Accident percentage after getting the stub? did it increase? Lol

Ill call the horse Loser!

Back
Top Bottom