What's new

Japan first, Job second?

Yes, and no. When you just graduated, you won't have a dime (in most cases anyways, unless you have rich folks) to be able to support yourself sufficiently. If you build some reserves before you plan moving to another country, you'll have a kind of buffer for in case things are not as you expected, or you can't find a job that easy.
Ask yourself the question : "Do I want to start with a ****load of debt, even before my life even started, or do I want a reserve to fall back on?"

I didn't have a dime, moved to Japan, and got out of what debt I had (not as much as some, but it was something). I didn't save anything and went out every single weekend for a couple of years. When else in your life can you do that? Once you've gotten a career and started a family?

Most people do the Japan thing b/c it is easy cash. If you're really ambitious you can get some tax-free privates on the side as well.

Last edited:
Wow, I wasn't trying to be bitter or mean, I'm just frustrated by the situations I've found myself in.
As for the learning Japanese, I've been working on that(no easy feat). I can only imagine how frustrating in is for non-english speakers to learn my language.
From what's been said I see that going back to school is my only option. It's just that I was hoping not to have to go that route at my age. Thanks for the suggestions, I have something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom