What's new

ITC Japan

Kathy Humphrey

Registered
13 Oct 2021
I am looking to do business with a Japanese company, however I am really struggling in verifying them to ensure they are genuine. can you please assist :

Company name: ITC Japan ( Indus Trading Co. Ltd (Japan)
Address: 4390 4 Kawawada Cho Mito- Shi Ibraki Ken 311 -4153 Japan

I am looking to do business with a Japanese company, however I am really struggling in verifying them to ensure they are genuine. can you please assist :

Company name: ITC Japan ( Indus Trading Co. Ltd (Japan)
Address: 4390 4 Kawawada Cho Mito- Shi Ibraki Ken 311 -4153 Japan
That doesn't seem to be a valid address. The web site looks generic. They claim to have started in business in 1983 and to have sales offices around the world yet they don't give contact information for any of them. The domain name is managed and registered in Pakistan. And they seem to be deliberately trying to confuse their name with ITC Japan which is a reputable company also with a location in Ibaraki. I would not do business with them.

That doesn't seem to be a valid address.
How did you come to that conclusion? The address is valid, and if you Google it, you can come up with a street view from which you can clearly see a Daihatsu car garage and next-door building with a sign saying Indus Trading (株式会社インダス・トレーディング). So the company "exists", or at the very least has a physical location with prominent signage.

〒311-4153 茨城県水戸市河和田町4390
(You'll have to zoom in a bit on the warehouse-looking building to read the sign.)

That said, I agree that everything else is a red flag, and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing business with them.

How did you come to that conclusion?
Because I screwed up and looked up 河和田 instead of 河和田町 :(

So you're right the place actually exists. It's a little more legitimate than I thought. I still wouldn't send them any money though. Or I'd at least try calling the number on the building first to make sure their identity hasn't been co-opted. The number on the web site is a Tokyo number yet the only address they give is this one in Ibaraki.
1634080643336.png

Back
Top Bottom