What's new

It just can't get any worse than this.

The thread there on Twitter is almost funny. So many dumb people trying to call out other dumb people.

A prime example I read was their insistence that Dr. Birx call him out right there or even later. Have they forgotten already the severe scandals Trump has survived? Logic cannot win against the kind of political power that it takes to survive what Trump has. Its like my logic and truth bombs against agenda driven moderators who delete and edit my posts. There is no winning. Its obvious. There is not a damn thing she can do because those people who shame her won't do anything to help or protect her, and I mean literally go to Washington D.C. and do something. She is all alone unlike Trump who has a whole cabal on his side and literally at his side.

I hate Trump just like I hate all U.S. presidents after Jimmy Carter. Trump ordered a hit on a 7 year old girl for Pete's sake, and the DEVGRU squad did it without question. So don't be fooled. I hate this man and I won't go into what I would do him if locked in a room alone with him.

But a good challenge for this thread would be to find how many ways Anderson Cooper misconstrued Trump's remarks in this clip.

I will start. Trump never said "people" should do this. He said DOCTORS should look into this.

And folks there are many, MANY more. The trick is to listen for what is being said rather than hoping he said something completely crazy. I mean the man talks like a teenager of less than average intelligence sometimes, but just because he oversimplifies does not mean he is totally wrong. Listen to him as you would Forrest Gump....you will need to use your brain twice as much cause this guy is already running at full capacity.

Let's go to our panel of doctors.

He said at :33 "The bacteria will be fine!" Now, lets tear him up like everyone tears Trump up. Does Dr. Wu not know the difference between a virus and bacteria? Oh but wait! We know what he meant! Yep. That's right. We did. Affording Trump, as much as I hate him, the same courtesy will see a lot more understanding.

But you know, if you just want to take Trump out back and Pence next, well, that's fine too...but please choose which and please hurry. Nothing in between is going too well.

I was thinking of something like this although I did not consider different types of UV light until after watching.

Its important to remember that a treatment may not be a cure, yet a treatment can save lives.

Important note though: I am NOT endorsing this video or anything in it. It just seems in the realm of possibility. The video could be a total fraud for all I know. Its just something to consider.

"What is the purpose of having White House News Conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions, & then refuses to report the truth or facts accurately," Trump wrote. "They get record ratings, & the American people get nothing but Fake News. Not worth the time & effort!"

Trump is correct about them refusing to report the truth, and now the people and the President are going to be even more out of touch with each other. And this seems to be what the people and the press want too.

Trump is correct about them refusing to report the truth, and now the people and the President are going to be even more out of touch with each other. And this seems to be what the people and the press want too.
Which truth are you referring to? It's true that he made a dumbass comment about injecting disinfectants. It may not have been a recommendation per se. But a lot of people aren't good at figuring out such subtleties. And then he claimed he was being sarcastic which he clearly wasn't. Dr Birx's explanation is more believable.

Let them eat Tide pods then. If they are that dumb there is no hope for them no matter what is said.

And then he claimed he was being sarcastic which he clearly wasn't.

When? What did he say exactly?

Dr Birx's explanation is more believable.

More believable than WHAT???

It's true that he made a dumbass comment about injecting disinfectants.

Or did he? I suspect there is something behind him saying that. But I will point out that he NEVER said household disinfectants like Anderson Cooper accused him. CNN lies.

The one I referred to right in my freaking post.
Not sure what you're talking about. That's why I asked.
I will start. Trump never said "people" should do this. He said DOCTORS should look into this.
This?
When? What did he say exactly?
Apparently he justified the comments by saying "I was asking a very sarcastic question to reporters in the room about disinfectants on the inside…that was done in a sarcastic way."

More believable than WHAT???
More believable than his explanation that he was trolling the media with sarcasm. If the guy could admit the occasional misstep or misspoken word it would be so much more human and believable.

Or did he? I suspect there is something behind him saying that. But I will point out that he NEVER said household disinfectants like Anderson Cooper accused him. CNN lies.
CNN lies as compared to who?
He said "disinfectant." What kinds are there? Household, commercial, medical? Which ones should they be following up on?

If Trump had some basis to say it no matter how tenuous, he should have said so. Instead of coming up with the "I was being sarcastic crap." He could have just said "I meant to say anti-viral medication and said disinfectant by mistake. Sorry." But for some reason he seems incapable of admitting any error. I'm surprised he didn't call it the most beautiful perfect comment in the world.

Something that may have prompted the comments would be hearing from a "pastor" peddling miracle cures by feeding bleach to his parishioners, who is being "targeted" by the FDA.

Chlorine dioxide has a history of being used to poison people of faith:

We may have to change the old saying "Don't Drink the Cool-aid" . ddc.jpg

He said "disinfectant." What kinds are there? Household, commercial, medical? Which ones should they be following up on?

Once again the man talks like a teenager of below average intelligence. Lets look at the wiki for disinfectant:

"Disinfectants are chemical agents designed to inactivate or destroy microorganisms on inert surfaces.[1] Disinfection does not necessarily kill all microorganisms, especially resistant bacterial spores; it is less effective than sterilization, which is an extreme physical or chemical process that kills all types of life.[1] Disinfectants are generally distinguished from other antimicrobial agents such as antibiotics, which destroy microorganisms within the body, and antiseptics, which destroy microorganisms on living tissue. "

To Trump's brain I have no doubt that antimicrobial agents = antibiotics = antiviral agents = antiseptics = disinfectants

Look. If you keep insisting that Trump must have used a term like "disinfectant" completely accurately you are always going to get bad results. But of course those bad results are precisely what some people are hoping for, especially leftist media.

Rightist media on the other hand would claim that his brutal beating of an innocent grandmother was actually an attempt to perform CPR.

. If you keep insisting that Trump must have used a term like "disinfectant" completely accurately

Sorry this was a mistake. It should say "if you insist he use a term like "disinifectant" completely accurately.

I will further point out that Trump did not say "sterilize" inside the human body. Have a look at the wiki entry again. Whereas sterilizing would definitely kill a person, internal disinfection technically would not if it were weak enough or in small enough doses. It would be akin to chemotherapy.

That said, I have met people like Trump before. He is the type to not know what seems a very simple thing, run to a dictionary, skim lightly, then start talking like he is now an expert while using the word wrong cause he did not understand the entry....or come up with covfefe...which might have been the precursor to Covid.

Yeah it looks to me like Trump is doing CYA and being defensive about the disinfectant comment but hey, anybody would be defensive being treated by the media this way, and that goes double for a man who has trouble with words.

Even in the link below, he says "sun" when he means "UV light" or "UV radiation". And even if he got it right up that point, some smart donkey could pipe up and say "YOU IDIOT! Its UVA not any old UV light! Jesus! You wanna kill us???"

Meanwhile, you got people claiming he said "ingesting" Clorox now when he said injecting and disinfectant. How does this help?

CNN lies as compared to who?

CNN may lie less than Fox or Breitbart, but lies are lies. There is no extra credit for lying less. That is just an initiation of a race to the bottom.

If the guy could admit the occasional misstep or misspoken word it would be so much more human and believable.

I WISH that were true, but in today's America I am very sure it generally is not true. The best option is to lie and deny and the success of so many crooked men proves it.

Trump is seriously not the president because of his integrity, honesty, forthrighteousness or humility....he possesses none of those qualities......the people do not appreciate those qualities anymore if they ever really did.

Self medicate with disinfectant or internal use of UV radiation. He never suggested that.

I WISH that were true, but in today's America I am very sure it generally is not true. The best option is to lie and deny and the success of so many crooked men proves it.

Trump is seriously not the president because of his integrity, honesty, forthrighteousness or humility....he possesses none of those qualities......the people do not appreciate those qualities anymore if they ever really did.
He seems to be the first who can lie and deny in the face of clear evidence to the contrary and get away with it. At least to this extent and for so long.
I agree that the media's attempts to play gotcha sometimes doesn't help.

He seems to be the first who can lie and deny in the face of clear evidence to the contrary and get away with it. At least to this extent and for so long.

I thought Bush II was a problem. Geez. Its hard to tell if Trump supporters are just trolling us or really so dumb they believe.

Mostly this is okay but still....Trump NEVER said bleach.

Also Trevor says Corona devastated communities around the world...uh....I got a problem with that statement. And as a dude who was just tearing apart an admittedly dumb guy for his speech, Trevor ought to be more careful.

This whole thing is worth watching, not that I agree with Oliver on all points, but from 10:00m he does a good job tearing up Trump for getting his info from the TV rather than, well, anyone of true merit.

Back
Top Bottom