what I want to say is "Get out of my head!"
is this the right translation for it?
Ore no atama deteike yo
if not, please tell me what I did wrong and what the translation is
domo arigato gozaimasu
頭の(中から)出て行って

Atama no naka kara dete itte ?? (Still feels too literal lol). 😌

Last edited:
Not all idioms translate. Literal translations of phrases understood in one language and culture become meaningless -- if not downright confusing -- in another.

Not all idioms translate. Literal translations of phrases understood in one language and culture become meaningless -- if not downright confusing -- in another.
Yes, of course I realize that. But as a base 頭(の中)から離れない makes sense as "Can't get it out of my head" (like a song, thought, or mental association) -- so play around with these a little and it may sound a little phony but anyway still quite understandable. :)

What's your translation, BTW ? :p

The sentence I need is "get out of my head"
I don't need "can't get it out of my head"

I thought that it would be おれのあたまでていけよ
おれのあたま means "my head" if I am right
and I found でていけ somewhere on the internet, it seems to mean "get out"
よ is the particle to make an "!", at least that's what I've learned

おれのあたまでていけよ means "My head, get out of somewhere!" (A natural interpretation would be "My head, get out of my body!") You need to put the particle から after あたま, as already answered. And the translation is too literal, as also pointed out.

I would say simply 消えろ!

Ah, plus, You don't need to double post.
https://jref.com/showthread.php?p=658259#post658259

The sentence I need is "get out of my head"
I don't need "can't get it out of my head"

I thought that it would be おれのあたまでていけよ
おれのあたま means "my head" if I am right
and I found でていけ somewhere on the internet, it seems to mean "get out"
よ is the particle to make an "!", at least that's what I've learned

get OUT is ~からでていけ so if you'd like to stick to your original sentence including the word "head", it should be
おれのあたまからでていけよ!

The first situation I can think of where this sentance can be used is when you're possessed, and you want the voice to get out of your head.
But I am just practicing sentences I see on the internet, one by one I try to translate them

I strongly suggest just trying to understand Japanese as it's used rather than trying to force translations of English colloquialisms into Japanese (I'd also recommend it over trying to translate into Japanese at all). It'd be better to read Japanese sentences and try to understand them.

Glenn is exactly right. I thought this was a translation of the song title. Even mentally deranged people I seriously doubt talking to themselves are going to use "Ore" or "dete ike yo." Those are to establish emotion and context in a conversation.

Even 放っておいてくれ!!! (Leave me alone !) is better than "Get out of my head." :)

THe thing is, "get out of my head" is context-driven. If it means "you're thinking exactly the same thing I am, how cool!" we should find a Japanese idiom that expresses that sentiment. If it means "stop trying to take over my mind you evil alien/ghost/possessing-entity!" then one must use a different Japanese expression.
I can't say which without knowing what is intended in English.
That's why I say idioms don't literally translate.

THe thing is, "get out of my head" is context-driven. If it means "you're thinking exactly the same thing I am, how cool!" we should find a Japanese idiom that expresses that sentiment. If it means "stop trying to take over my mind you evil alien/ghost/possessing-entity!" then one must use a different Japanese expression.
I can't say which without knowing what is intended in English.
That's why I say idioms don't literally translate.
Like I said, I translated it as the song title I assumed it was. Which by the way often are overly literal because it is both unnecessary and impossible to capture complex metaphors or discern the writer's true creative intent...

I hope the OP has gotten what they need out of this thread. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom