What's new

Is this sentence correct

Endlesslycurious

Registered
29 Jan 2020
この本は含む暗い画像かもしれない

I'm not sure If I wrote it correctly, but I need a second opinion other than google translate.

This book may contain dark images.

It's for a horror small project, and I want to incorporate Japanese in it for practice. However, I'm still trying to get a better understanding of more complex sentences.

How/In what way are you learning Japanese? I'm afraid to say this, but your translation shows that you don't understand even a basic struture of Japanese sentence; what the main verb of the sentence is, and where it's put in the sentence.

I'm learning on my own and don't really know where to start. I try to learn vocabulary, but every time I try to form a cohesive sentence, it's most likely wrong. I needed to find a way to get some form of criticism.

You would do well to get you a beginner's textbook to learn basic grammar. You can learn grammar at the same time as you are building your vocabulary: the two streams of learning will go well together. The Genki series of texts is often recommended.
Your sentence is kind of understandable, if I guess at the meaning from what you have written. But your verb is not conjugated, and it is in the wrong place. And you could use a preposition that indicates "where" the pictures are located.

I'm learning on my own and don't really know where to start. I try to learn vocabulary, but every time I try to form a cohesive sentence, it's most likely wrong. I needed to find a way to get some form of criticism.

Textbook exercises let you create variations on sentences and you can check them against the answer key.

When asking for help, start with simpler sentences than you are currently attempting, and provide the English of what you're trying to say.

Your original sentence does not follow S-O-V (Subject-Object-Verb) order, which is the fundamental structure of Japanese sentences.

--- Cut-n-Paste ---

"What textbook should I use?"

"Genki" and "Minna no Nihongo" are the most popular book series because they are pretty good. Because they are so popular, you can get the answer to just about any line you have a question about by googling and it will already have been answered.

A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar is a good companion to any textbook.

--- Cut-n-Paste ---
"How can I learn Japanese for free?"

Tae Kim and Imabi are effectively textbook replacements.

- Learn Japanese (Tae Kim's online 'textbook')

- Welcome to IMABI! (another online 'textbook')

Erin's Challenge and NHK lessons teach lessons with audio.
They are not IMO enough to learn from by themselves, but you should have some exposure to the spoken language.

- Erin's Challenge! I can speak Japanese. | The Japan Foundation (online audio-visual course, many skits)

- Easy Japanese 2015 - free lessons with audio drama | NHK WORLD RADIO JAPAN (online audio-visual course)

Anki and Memrise both replace flashcards, and are general purpose.
Koohii is a special-purpose flashcard site learning Kanji the RTK way.

- Anki - powerful, intelligent flashcards (SRS 'flashcard' program; look for 'core 10k' as the most popular Japanese vocab deck).

- Japanese - AnkiWeb

- Memrise - Learn a language. Meet the world. (another SRS 'flashcard' app).

- Courses for Japanese on Memrise

- Kanji Koohii (RTK style kanji only srs 'flashcard' web app)

Dictionaries

- Jisho.org: Japanese Dictionary (Online Japanese-English Dictionary; romaji input)

- 国語・英語・四字熟語のオンライン辞書 - goo辞書 (Online Japanese/J-E/E-J Dictionary )

- 辞典・百科事典の検索サービス - Weblio辞書 (Online Japanese/J-E/E-J Dictionary ; many example sentences )

- コトバンク [ 時事問題、ニュースもわかるネット百科事典 ] (Online Japanese/J-E/E-J Dictionary)

--- Cut-n-Paste ---

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom