What's new

Is it all right to say this?

There will always be fresh faces ready to fill those teaching jobs as long as they exist. For many, teaching is not a passion or a career, it's a means to an end to come have your "life in Japan." The novelty goes both ways, and maybe you blow up a pretty big bubble around yourself, merely skimming the surface of what's there. maybe you fall on your own sword, and English becomes a crutch to the point that you've spent over a decade in Japan and can't function without a babysitter. You aren't qualified to do anything but the job you've been sick of since your third year. You've come too far to live so small a life.

I say kudos to anyone who's found fulfillment outside of the box we normally put ourselves in, and doesn't stop learning. The more you know, the less you realize you know.

oops I was under the impression that 'dare' meaning 'who' coupled with 'desu ka' would mean 'who?' like which of us do you mean kind of who.

I would call myself a beginner I started to practice Japanese about a year ago for an hour a day but I'm slow and don't learn things well so it takes me longer to learn anything :(
Thanks for the reply!
がんばってください!

I recognized the name 久保田 as a sake brand so I thought perhaps you were referred to by that name because you were hauling it.
That's funny, sake is the first I thought of too. Although my assumption was that it was his wife's family name. There is Kubota machinery all over the place but it's always written in romaji. Every time I've had Kubota sake it's been a special occasion or we received it as a gift. So I assume it's relatively pricey stuff. I'm not sure but I think it's what my father-in-law brought with him to distribute at our wedding.

I very early on decided I wanted my ability to remain in and make a living in Japan to be even though I speak English and not just because I speak English. So I do something where English is of no use whatsoever. And even though I wake up every day as a gaijin, I don't have to spend all day being a gaijin for my bread and butter, which is unspeakably liberating and pleasant.
Nevertheless I think it's about time we see you on a Japanese terebi. We all want to see your acerbic wit on screen. Reports from the Driver's Seat or something like that could be a regular segment on some show out there. Or start with YouTube until you get picked up by a studio.

Nevertheless I think it's about time we see you on a Japanese terebi. We all want to see your acerbic wit on screen. Reports from the Driver's Seat or something like that could be a regular segment on some show out there. Or start with YouTube until you get picked up by a studio.

You must not be aware of the extreme disdain I have for the 芸能界.

Using our new updated search, this is the first post on this site that contains disdain and 芸能界. So maybe you've never mentioned it before. Or maybe I haven't read (and retained) all 13,739 of your posts. 👍

Using our new updated search, this is the first post on this site that contains disdain and 芸能界. So maybe you've never mentioned it before. Or maybe I haven't read (and retained) all 13,739 of your posts. 👍

I have extreme disdain for the 芸能界 as an institution. I do not aspire to be part of it or to be associated with it.

Back
Top Bottom