What's new

Introduce your fav Indie band

Yes, I suppose only Moi Dix Mois is indies. :D

How could I forget about X-Japan? XD hide-chan, forgive me. :D

Moi Dic Mois is indie? o_O

EEEEEEEEEEE i really like Xjapan's orgasm! and X! hehe they are very good!

I love Art of Life, Forever Love, and Longing....

I am quite fond of Ellegarden and Shwartz Stein....I would say the Trax but I dunno, are they Indies??

Is Schwarz Stein indies? They are not bad... :D Ah, I like Lareine and Vidoll lately. Their music is quite nice. :)

I know.. but they were still indies and I still like them. No body said they still had to be hanging around for us to like them, did they? Well, following my own words I guess i could say I really like La: Sadies then, too....But Dir en grey's newest always makes me happiest...

wait wai wait... Moi Dix Mois is indies?

La:SAdies is pretty good, and um m just starting to listen ti D

LS was indies at one time, of course, but they were major for a while by the time they split up.

And yeah, MDM is indies. Midi:Nette is an indies label.

wow... yay! lol ok my fav indie band is definately m10m then ^^ thanks for the info Lydia! ^^

NIGHTMARE ...is indies..? I had no idea.... I guess I've heard indies music..but I never really knew which bands were and were not... I've heard stuff like Duel Jewel and Vidoll...if that counts.. and a bunch of other bands I've only heard 1 or 2 songs for..

Seeing that this band was not mentioned yet:

I'd like to introduce Mongol 800. This band is from where I am currently living....OKINAWA! :) They have both Engrish songs and Japanese mixed on thier albums. Their music is fast pased with some really good love songs in them. They currently have 3 albums out and 1 single. MONGOL 800

itroducing...:
madeth gray'll

madeth were formed in 1997 by hisui (as kei) on vocals and shizuru on guitar.
both were in the band vierge before.
shortly after, yukina (on bass) and hizumi (2nd guitar) joined the band.

in 1997 they published four short demo tapes and were on one sampler.
they joined kisaki's matina-lable, and were on the matina/soleil sampler in january 1998, too. (they also were on some matina-video tapes).
in the spring 1998 they released another four demo tapes...

then, in may 1998 the tragedy begun:
on the way to the burrial of hideto matsumoto (hide, the guitarist of x~japan), hizumi died in a car-crash.
shizuru left the band shortly after.

in 1998 madeth got two other members, tsubaki (on drums) and ukyou (on guitar), but tsubaki left again, still in 1998.

but madeth gray'll still existed.
in august 1998 they released a single (containing 'hakuchuumu no sangeki', written by hizumi), a video tape and a maxi single (juujika no ketsumatsu).
to the time of juujika, they were just hisui (still as kei) on vocals, yukina on bass and ukyou on guitar.

late in 1998 or early in 1999, izumi (guitar) joined the band (and ukyou left shortly after). they hadn't much releases to that time. kei changed his name to hisui.

then, late in 1999 or early in 2000, reika (on drums) joined the band.
they released their first album, lucifer, in march.
in november 2000, they released a mini album (boukai no mato ~entith de marge~), and airi (support guitar, then guitar) joined the band.

but shortly after this, early in 2001, they released their final album (higeki no shuumaku, a best of), and disbanded.
(it is said, that yukina, the only one who ever was in this band together with hisui, wanted to leave the band, and so hisui disbanded it).

from the beginning to the end madeth gray'll had 9 members.

~*~

the 'tragedy' ever was a central object in madeth's songs ('hakuchuumu no sangeki' means 'tragedy of the daydream', 'operaza no higeki' means 'opera tragedy', and the final album 'higeki no shuumaku' 'end of the tragedy')... and so i think, it was central in the history of madeth gray'll.

their music was everything, from rather soft, gothic sounding songs (mostly written by hisui), to hard, screamy songs (mostly written by yukina), some instrumentals...
it is very good written, hisuis songs are showing a great sense for chords and melodies.
they often used chirch bells and organs, so most of the songs sound kind of 'majestic'.
hisui sings, growls, screams, whispers, talks, uses his voice in every way, you may imagine.
his voice is a bit 'crying' sounding, what gives the songs a dark, sad and very emotional feeling.

their style was just gothic-visual.
using much feathers, mostly black and white clothes, flowers, lots of make-up and dyed hair, they best represent the matina-visual-style.

you can find more information and pictures here:
www.crysania.com/dream
www.jahanna.net/higeki/madeth.html
(and lyrics & discography on my own page: http://niji-iro-no-heya.fateback.com)

if someone is interested in song-samples, leave a message in my icq, i'll tell you, if i have something up somewhere, then.

sorry for any language- and other mistakes ^^"~

~*~

besides madeth gray'll i love nearly every other band i know from the matina/soleil lables and the ('new') under code label.

BBQ chicken,great punk rock
Aioria,nice visual kei got there cd Kirameyuku Shunkan
there disbanded dont know when

Hmm... everyone knows I like Rentrer en Soi already XDD

I really love 12012 right now. I would say right below Diru (cause nothing tops Diru) and ReS they are my favorite right now.

My first Jrock band was La'cryma Christi which is an indie band. Beside that band, I also love Dispairs ray, but i'll always love La'cryma more because it was my first band. Is that made any sense? o_O

That's great! demo, usually when indies go major they're losing their visual kei look. I hope it won't happen to them. Then again... :?

Back
Top Bottom