What's new

Internet over WLAN with a Smartphone in Japan?

TyLaw

後輩
3 Nov 2010
Hey guys, I just have a quick question about the ability to browse the web in Japan for Free.

Is it possible to browse the web in Japan over free WLAN spots with a normal Smartphone? And are those spots common, or are they more rare and I shouldn't only rely on them, but also use an Internet Manga Cafe for example?

Because I am really thinking about buying one before I visit Japan and that I could skip the high Internet prices in the Manga cafe's.

Thanks in advance guys!

Wow Nagashima, this site is amazing :)))

Thanks so much for posting this. It looks like they are everywhere lol^^ Just in Tokyo alone, there must be thosuands.

And then I can really just walk in there and take out my Smartphone and use the Internet? Without anybody saying anything?? :)

No, it simply means those are locations that have free WiFi. I wouldn't suggest assuming you can just walk into one of those establishments and start using their internet. Of course, there's always the option of sitting outside and using it, if you want to go that route.

Thanks guys, but I am only looking for free options Baka.. otherwise I would rather use the Manga Internet Cafe's for example.

So @ Jimmy Seal

Can I really just stand outside of the building and use the WLAN? Do they not have any kind of Passwort??

Back
Top Bottom