What's new

In need of some firsthand information about work conditions in Japan

Awesome.

I'm just curious; which magazines did you write for? I used to have a ton of Ironman magazines and stuff like that.

"Muscle Mag International", a Cannada-based magazine also available in U.S.

If you're a serious lifter I'll send you copies saved on PDF.

Muscle Mag!
I might even have a few copies somewhere.
Yes, send away. I was into powerlifting for quite some time.

Piero no niichan,

I'll send you one of the following articles to begin with. Choose one:

"Emotions that Strengthen You" (Editorial)

"Psychological Benefits of Intense Training" (Editorial)

"Pre-Exhaustion for Upper Back Thickness" (instructional article)

"A Solo Ascent on Mt. Intensity" (instructional)

Send me your e-mail address via Private Message here. Are there any decent places to train in Japan? Just in case I spend more than a week or so there.

Work condtions

At the public school where I worked while living in Sapporo my first time in Japan, we had 33 teachers with only four of those being female.

In America, in public school most teachers are women (except Physical Ed).

Punctuality and showing up to work on a consistent basis are pretty much givens among the Japanese.

Thats seems to have faded in America. When I worked in the 1970's-1985 it was important. Today in America, especially Hi-tech workers its not so.

Fraternization seems to be generally encouraged as well outside of the workplace after hours and this also lends towards building camaraderie between colleagues I think.

In United States rarely do we really like getting togethor on or own time with people we work with.

Also common in Japan is that employees are expected to transfer to different locations per the company's wishes. Refusing these transfers are difficult and can result in career suicide.

Only senior excutives are expected to transfer at someones whim. The common worker is usually offered a good deal. Many turn it down for family reasons. Thats unless that the job you took told you that transfer was part of the assignment.

Back
Top Bottom