What's new

I'm looking for second-hand bike shop in Tokyo

hiverloon

先輩
23 Aug 2015
Does anybody know of any second hand bike shop around Tokyo? Given a second hand bike shop, is there a chance they will have a used e-bike?

What's your budget? You can get brand-new "mama-chari" ("Mama's Chariot") style bicycles for around 10,000.
I would say JPY 75000. I have actually come across several stores selling mama-chari looking bikes and they typically do not exceed 15000 JPY but if I can find a used battery-powered one, I'd rather get that.

(Did you check the replies in your previous thread?)
Sure, and now I want to have more knowledge about getting a bike.

東京日本橋のコアな中古サイクルショップ「サイクルトレーダーズ」 News | サイクルスポーツ.jp
Do they have offline store? When purchasing things like bike I prefer to know the actual condition of my choice before making the deal.

Thanks a lot! I will contact them to inquire the availability of e-bikes (not sure how it's connected with cheating :confused:.

Sure, and now I want to have more knowledge about getting a bike.

Basic forum etiquette for people starting threads includes at least some indication that replies have been seen. There's no faster way to get people to stop answering your questions than to give the impression you don't look at them. It's basic manners and common courtesy.

Do they have offline store? When purchasing things like bike I prefer to know the actual condition of my choice before making the deal.

If you had clicked the link instead of expecting everybody to do everything for you then you would have seen a photo of the storefront.

Basic forum etiquette for people starting threads includes at least some indication that replies have been seen. There's no faster way to get people to stop answering your questions than to give the impression you don't look at them. It's basic manners and common courtesy.
Thanks for reminding me.

If you had clicked the link instead of expecting everybody to do everything for you then you would have seen a photo of the storefront.
Yes, I have done that but I couldn't find the contact tab which usually contains their address. But I just found out that their address is provided right below the second picture, it's in Chuo city.

If you walk around your neighborhood you'll probably find an old guy who fixes bikes and sells some that he rehabs. That's how I found my bike, at least.

A secondhand electric assist bicycle can be bought inexpensively by net catalog selling.
Thanks for that information, I live in Minato-ku indeed.
Just can you please explain a bit about "net catalog selling"? Is it some part of the purchase process when I buy bikes from local government of Tokyo's recycle?

Beforehand, I use an English translation site, so there may be a mistake.
About recycling sale of an autonomous body.
"Minato-ku senior human resource center Recycling bicycle store"
・The local government removes an illegally parked bicycle and keeps it. They repair the past bicycle of the safekeeping time limit and recycle it and sell it.
The sales date and time: 2nd Sunday every month
reception time: 10:00am-10:30
They draw lots to decide purchase order.
Sales place: 3-9-6, Motoazabu, Minato-ku .
The sales price: About 8000 yen-10,000 yen.
Separately, the crime prevention registration fee of 500 yen is needed.
港区シルバー人材センター
Net mail order of the electric assist bicycle
自転車 電動アシスト自転車の通販【ポンパレモール】(3ページ目)
Amazon
Amazon.co.jp : 電動アシスト自転車
Rakuten
【楽天市場】電動アシスト自転車(自転車|スポーツ・アウトドア)の通販

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom