What's new

IKEA-like Stores In or Near Kashiwa, Chiba

Ascetic Monk

Registered
11 Jan 2016
Hey everyone,

I'll be moving to Japan this coming September, after being successfully awarded with a MEXT scholarship to study the Master of Sustainability Science at the University of Tokyo (UTokyo) in Kashiwa, Chiba. I'll be living as a student resident in the International Lodge, Kashiwa Lodge, which informed me that it would be more economical for us to buy our own beddings for my room, rather than rent from them.

Since I've never been to Japan, I've researched and found that there's an IKEA store in Chiba, which is almost or a little bit more than an hour away from UTokyo-Kashiwa Campus. While I'm relieved that I already know where to buy beddings and other stuff for my dormitory room, I would just like to know if any of you could suggest alternative stores in or near Chiba that are similar to IKEA. I hope to find other IKEA-like stores that are nearer or could provide more affordable options. So, if any of you know any, I'd appreciate it if you can share it with me :)

Thank you!

Do you know if these store have english speaking staff? I know japanese but I am not really happy speaking japanese for buying things due to the risk that I might misunderstand.

Do you know if these store have english speaking staff? I know japanese but I am not really happy speaking japanese for buying things due to the risk that I might misunderstand.
That's one of my concerns too, especially for me, since I only have elementary proficiency in Japanese.

If all you need is bedding, you can easily get a futon at any number of places. If you want a bed, you can get one at practically any home center or furniture store. The easiest thing would be to ask the people who meet you and get you settled where a good place is.

Personally, I would just order something from Amazon and specify a delivery time for the evening on the day of my arrival at the dorm.

If all you need is bedding, you can easily get a futon at any number of places. If you want a bed, you can get one at practically any home center or furniture store. The easiest thing would be to ask the people who meet you and get you settled where a good place is.

Personally, I would just order something from Amazon and specify a delivery time for the evening on the day of my arrival at the dorm.
Thanks for the advice, Mike Cash! :)

Back
Top Bottom