What's new

I need some help with this name

enioreh

後輩
12 Nov 2003
Hi,

could someone tell me what this means?

And if it doesn't say "Amos" (my dogs name) could someone help me write that in Japanese, if possible?:)

I know it's a silly question.. sorry:eek:

That says Sanheshi

Amos (Amosu):
Katakana = アモス
Hiragana = あもす

You would use katakana to spell it, but do whatever you wish :) have fun!

Thank you!:D But I'm afraid I can't see the signs you posted.. My browser doesn't support Japanese:eek: Could you perhaps make a picture for me?:)

Originally posted by SacredBlue
That says Sanheshi

Amos (Amosu):
Katakana = アモス
Hiragana = あもす

You would use katakana to spell it, but do whatever you wish :) have fun!

Although it seems Amos could just as easily be spelled phonetically capturing the long A sound in English --エイモス or えいもす

Thank you once more! And now I have installed that service pack (or whatever), so that I can see the Japanese signs:)

Ok, another question..:oops:
It's probably easier if I just use an "a" instead of "Amos" - I'm planning on having a tattoo done and I think it would look better with just an A.

Is this "ok"?

Although it seems Amos could just as easily be spelled phonetically capturing the long A sound in English --エイモス or えいもす

それでは、Amosのカタカナ訳には「アモス」も「エイモス」もどちらでもOKですか?日本人は英語の発音に当たってみないと外語が誤訳かどうかよく分からないでしょう。でも誤訳の名前を使っている日本に住んでいる外国人も多いというのが私の印象です。やっぱり日本人にとって英語を学ぶので正確な発音は最も難しいの一つですね。

Tori Amos, the singer in U.S., is described トーリ・エイモス in Japanese.
on the other hand, The Book Of Amos, Holly Bible, is described アモス書 in Japanese.
maybe, when listening in English, Amos is written エイモス by katakana, and when listening in other languages, e.g. German and so on, it's written アモス.
after all there are all sorts of each language's pronunciations.

Back
Top Bottom