What's new

Question I am waiting for CoE student and get job offer in my country at the same time. Would you give suggestion?

Pudding

Registered
15 Nov 2020
Hi all,
I applied for the Japanese Language school for this April and currently waiting for the CoE be issued. Does anyone here know the exact date of CoE issuance or have experience regarding it? And how much the possibility to get the CoE be issued?

I am waiting for it now and also at the same time I get a job offer from one of the company in my country now. So, I am now a bit confused with the timing (and if I should take this job before go to Japan).

If you have any suggestion as well to share, I would be very glad.

Due to COVID nothing is normal So there's no way to know. If the job is a good opportunity maybe it will be a good idea to do that. Still too many uncertainties with regard to the virus. It's getting worse in Japan, not better.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I applied for the Japanese Language school for this April and currently waiting for the CoE be issued. Does anyone here know the exact date of CoE issuance or have experience regarding it? And how much the possibility to get the CoE be issued?

I am waiting for it now and also at the same time I get a job offer from one of the company in my country now. So, I am now a bit confused with the timing (and if I should take this job before go to Japan).

If you have any suggestion as well to share, I would be very glad.
If you use Facebook, I'd recommend the Return to Japan Support Group, which has lots of links and first-hand accounts of people trying to navigate the frequently changing system of getting into Japan in the Covid era.

If I remember correctly, a CoE is supposed to take 2 or 3 months to get to you after you apply, at least if you submitted it in person in Japan. If you went through a lawyer or a school, it might work differently. Still, nine months seems like a really long time. You can try calling the immigration center that is handling your documentation. This web site lists the phone numbers.

I submitted it to the school and they proceed it to the immigration office, and I am planned to have the class in this April. Hopefully it goes smooth. This timing is a bit confusing meanwhile I get a job offer in my country. Not sure if taking this offer while waiting the CoE is the best decision or not.

I submitted it to the school and they proceed it to the immigration office, and I am planned to have the class in this April. Hopefully it goes smooth. This timing is a bit confusing meanwhile I get a job offer in my country. Not sure if taking this offer while waiting the CoE is the best decision or not.
I misread your earlier email. I thought you meant last April is when you applied, not that you applied for this coming April. Sorry for the confusion.

If the school is handling your paperwork, then I would contact them to ensure things are on schedule. This week, Japan announced that its waiver for short-term international business travelers to enter the country would end, but I didn't hear anything about limiting those in the process of getting a long-term visa. Also, last year there were lots of stories in the newspaper about international students having difficulties getting into Japan due to the pandemic. I have not seen those kind of articles recently, so I think students are on schedule to arrive this April.

Here's a quote from today's Japan Times newspaper (article link).

The travel ban also continues to apply to those who had already received confirmation of their eligibility to enter the country as new arrivals by December. Such confirmation, which is often referred to in Japan as "landing permission," is usually issued in the form of the Certificate of Eligibility (CoE). People who have received such confirmation have been unable to enter Japan since Jan. 4 under previously announced restrictions. The one exception is those who have received confirmation that they meet the conditions for entry permission under the business travel programs, who will be allowed in until Jan. 21.

Back
Top Bottom