What's new

How much money does Japan owe?

Mikawa Ossan

いかんわ!
17 Sep 2005
リアルタイム財政赤字カウンター 15

Click the above link to see how much money the Japanese government owes in bonds. (Sorry, it's in Japanese only!)

The ironic part of it is that technically Japanese law does not allow for deficit spending. Unfortunately, that law has been ignored for a long time now. I'll try to get a link to that law if I can find it on-line.

I found the law:

窶佚ヲナスlツ湘ー

1. ツ坂?倪?堙個催篠出窶堙債、ナ津カツ催や?凪?昶?堙最ステ倪?愿シ窶ケテ?ヒ?闇?O窶堙個催寂?愿シ窶堙ーヒ?遺?堙?、窶堋サ窶堙個催?ナ陳ケ窶堙??堋オ窶堙遺?堋ッ窶堙ェ窶堙寂?堙遺?堙ァ窶堙遺?堋「ツ。窶僊窶堋オツ、ナ津カ窶ケツ、ナス窶凪?ケテ??敕ッツ、ツ出ナス窶倪?ケテ?窶ケy窶堙鯛?佚昶?「t窶ケテ?窶堙個催?ナ陳ケ窶堙俄?堙や?堋「窶堙??堙債、ツ坂?倪?ーテッ窶堙娯?ケcナ塚??堙ーナ弛窶堋ス窶ケテ?ナ?z窶堙娯?敕才?坂?愿?窶堙?、ナ津カツ催や?堙ー窶敖ュツ行窶堋オ窶凪?昶?堙最ステ倪?愿シ窶ケテ?窶堙ー窶堙遺?堋キ窶堋ア窶堙??堋ェ窶堙??堋ォ窶堙ゥツ。

It can be found here:
財政法 - Wikisource

http://www.tek.co.jp/p/debt_time.html
(Sorry, it's also in Japanese only!)

The Mikawa Ossan's link does not take the financial asset of the public sector and/or private sector into account.
And it is lucky that the creditor of the horrible debt increasing by second is most sheepish Japanese, not other countries.

I don't know what would happen if a real nationalist claimed, "Strong Yen is a Japan's vital national interest, and let's change the US bond we have into Euro or Chinese Yuan".

Back
Top Bottom