What's new

How much are the softbank mobile phones in Japan?

I don't know what the exact costs of the I phone are in Japan, but I do know that Softbank today lowered their monthly rate (unlimited use) from 7,280 yen/month to 2,990 yen/month. Quite cheap IMO and MUCH cheaper than in the US!
Japan is way, way ahead of the US when it comes to usage of cell phones and fees. The US is just getting ripped off for often outdated technology which they believe is new. Most cell phones in Japan today can receive live satellite TV if what I read is to be believed. I believe that live TV is a few years down the line for the US.

Older phones are free sometimes. Phone costs are almost completely incomprehensible because of the many (too many) options available, IMO. Rather than go by what a web site says, I suggest talking to a salesperson live. Bring a notepad.

Most cell phones in Japan today can receive live satellite TV if what I read is to be believed.

Are you sure you don't mean digital TV? The ニ陳照停?愴短ニ丹 capable phones are quite popular. I'll let you have the same fun trying to figure out what ニ陳照停?愴短ニ丹 means that I did.

I'm confused about the prices.
Can anyone explain this..
https://order.keitaishop.yahoo.co.jp/sb/

The price shown at the bottom of the list is the price to pay if you just want to buy the phone, cash-money (or credit card, I guess). The price shown in the 2nd row is what you pay for it over 2 years if you join one of Softbanks plans--but you must be a legal resident to enroll in a plan.

Pachipro---I think the price of the Iphone in Japan is a little over 3 man en. If I had known they were going to reduce service charges, I might not have signed onto docomo's 2 year contract. :( But I'm saving money and my phone does everything I want (and more than an Iphone) so I'm happy. :)

Depends on the phone and where you get it. I got the Brad Pitt Internet machine (922SH) off of Yahoo Auctions brand new for 35,000 yen.

Nhm...I was just wondering...are softbank's plans better if one is only staying 1 year?
Also, is there a cell phone that also works in EU?
If anyone could help me and my friends decide...we're so lost here in this big city...^^'

Back
Top Bottom