What's new

How do you tell if someone is Japanese (without asking)?

ghettocities said:
I can smell the differences. I'll know if the girl is Japanese by walking by her with my eyes closed (because of their smell,) . I know the smell of Korean girls and chinese too. Most girls think I'm a dog.
Josh

That must be because of your smell.

Wow Grimmo clearly you've done some studying.. I find your posts really interesting. Myself is also interested in difference in Asian facial form and appearance. Me and my friends always try to guess the nationality or race of people. Topic like this is more openly discussed in Asian. Here in North America people tend to look at this as stereotyping.

^ Yes, I agree, I think people are a little too sensitive these days.

I'll tell ya how you tell if a person is Japanese...say something in Japanese, and maybe they'll laugh or take interest in you!

Um...Grimmo,

To suggest that Kim Jaejoong and Park Yoochun have had cosmetic surgery is a little harsh, don't you think? I say their haircuts and babyfat makes them look a lot different. Look at Yoochun's baby pictures, he's pretty much the same. JaeJoong lost all of his babyfat, but to me his facial features haven't changed as much. Personally, I think they just grew up.

But since they have neither denied or confessed having surgery, we will never really know.

What ?!

The question is, how do you know someone originates in Hokkaido, from Okinawa, or from Honshu.

I have never been in Japan but have worked years with Japanese folks in traditional Zen Ryorido. I more or less can identify.

VIbrations are also important. The Chinese are not vibrating like Japanese.

It's rude to stereotype people, the people who say they are good at differentiating Asians have nothing to be proud of. It only shows how good at categorising people into groups for your own personal glory.

You dont get a prize for guessing correctly either.

I agree!!!

especially being a mixed ethnicity, it drives me nuts when people ask me what I am and then go "ooooh, you're so exotic.". geez, shut up!!!

One thing that could also differ from these Asians, like me, is our accent. Also, the way we dressed up and their traits. :)

Back
Top Bottom