What's new

how do you pronounce the following japanese letters?

As many of the responses here have shown, Japanese kanji can have multiple readings, depending on the context. By trying to read a book one character at a time, you are 100% guaranteed to be reading it WRONG.

If you would like to see how your book would sound, try pasting a paragraph here and we can help you with that. If you are interested in actually learning how to read Japanese, you should go about it a different way. If you are not interested in learning, then you shouldn't be posting here.

In response to this topic: How about you spend money and time, learn what the hell those little, mysterious, unintelligible whatevers mean, and read that bloody book without pestering the folks here? Maybe they'd feel like answering your questions if you contributed something, anything.
However, I will be selfless too, and offer an answer to all of your questions regarding Chinese characters.
Kodansha Kanji Learners Dictionary (Japanese for Busy People) (Paperback)
by Jack Halpern (Author)

Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.de
Amazon.fr
Amazon.jp
Amazon.cn

Satisfactory?

I agree with derfel (WHAT, He is giving links to AMAZON!!!)

Go buy a kanji dictionary eh? Or use Jim Breens or WaKan
http://wakan.manga.cz
cos these tools have the patience with you, give more informative answers and are easy tools to use.

Go do it. Or learn Japanese. Or stop trying to read a book in a language that you are not prepared to dedicate yourself to learning.

Good luck
Joe

Did you not read what we said?
I aint gonna help you anymore.

Get Wakan or a kanji dictionary. YOU CAN'T READ A JAPANESE BOOK WITHOUT KNOWING JAPANESE. LEARN JAPANESE IF YOU WANT TO READ IT.

That is all...

Back
Top Bottom