What's new

How do I say a few things...

TyPe-ZeRo

先輩
13 Aug 2003
hey guys, girls,
thanks for helping me with the questions you've answered in the past, but i need help with a few more words. I know i should research on sites and stuff but me im lazy -.- and i'd probably get a faster responce here than anysite. The reason im asking for translations to like a few easy sentences is that im trying to use broken up japanese around the house so that i can learn to idenitfy things.

the things i want to say around the house and such are :

"im so tired" or something that has to do with me being tired

"no, im too lazy to do that" (yeah im lazy but u should already know this ;) )

"im so hungry"

Sorry to ask but thank you

For the first two maybe you can just say "Nani mo shitakunai youna toki ga aru" meaning sometimes I don't feel like doing anything :).

LOL, your so helpful elizabeth, maybe i should start calling you Elizabeth-Chan? hehe (i think the suffix Chan is used for close ppl, i say this because you and that other guy are always answering my questions!)

I would also go with "shindoi" for I'm really tired. It kind of has the meaning that you are so tired you are going to die. A bit slangy, so be warned.

'onakagasuita" is correct, but people also leave out the "ga" and just say "onakasuita" in a groaning manner.

lol there we go! Mandylion is the other person always answering my questions

and i know theres an edit button

Originally posted by Mandylion
I would also go with "shindoi" for I'm really tired. It kind of has the meaning that you are so tired you are going to die. A bit slangy, so be warned.

'onakagasuita" is correct, but people also leave out the "ga" and just say "onakasuita" in a groaning manner.
Or if you were feeling lazy at the same time just say something like "Onaka (ga) suite, arukemasen," I'm so hungry I can't even walk. :D Seriously, though, there is also "onaka ga suite imasu" which sounds more like hunger as an objective fact of not having enough food or an ongoing state of being as opposed to something suddenly realized. If this is not correct usage, though, please someone correct me .🙂

"tsukareta" is best for "I'm tired." If you're "really tired", just draw it out and make it sound whiny.

For the second one I'd go with "yaru ki ga nai" which means more like "I don't feel like it" or "I don't have the energy to do it". You can preface it with an "iya-" which will give the "no" meaning but mixed with the nuance of "unpleasantness" that you're looking for here.

I agree "onaka(ga)suita" is your best bet for "hungry". If you're "really hungry" you can preface it with a "cho-".

Back
Top Bottom