What's new

Help How could I make my documents arrive in Japan tomorrow?

mawgumelar

Registered
21 Aug 2016
I am applying to Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus and have sent my application documents from Indonesia via EMS. The documents must arrive tomorrow, February 13th. However, I think my documents will not arrive on time.

Through the EMS tracking service, I found that my documents have departed from Indonesian outward OE yesterday on 01:27 AM. I think the documents will arrive on Japanese inward OE today and be ready for the delivery tomorrow. But, it seems that my documents will be accepted by the university on Fujisawa, Kanagawa on Tuesday, February 14th.

Is there any service in Japan that could make my documents received by the university on time tomorrow? Or, is it possible for someone on my behalf to pick up the documents in the post office after they have arrived in Japan tomorrow and bring the documents straightaway to the admission committee in Fujisawa?

Thank you.

The best thing you can do is contact the school and tell them your documents will be a day late and ask them nicely to forgive that.

Is there some special reason you couldn't send the documents earlier?

The best thing you can do is contact the school and tell them your documents will be a day late and ask them nicely to forgive that.

Is there some special reason you couldn't send the documents earlier?

Thank you for your reply. I have no any special reason I couldn't send my documents earlier. I have applied to Japanese universities twice before this, and my documents always arrived within 6 days (including weekends). So, I delayed my sending to February 8th (6 days to the deadline) and maximized the time available to make my application contents as good as possible.

I will consider your suggestion. Thank you.

I've sent stuff from Indonesia using EMS which was supposed to take a few days but ended up taking 2 weeks. I'd never trust them for urgent documents that are deadline-critical.

If your documents haven't arrived yet I suggest you immediately send another copy via DHL instead.

I've sent stuff from Indonesia using EMS which was supposed to take a few days but ended up taking 2 weeks. I'd never trust them for urgent documents that are deadline-critical.

If your documents haven't arrived yet I suggest you immediately send another copy via DHL instead.

Thank you very much for your information. Some of my Indonesian fellows had the same complaint about Indonesian EMS service too. Next time, I will try using DHL.

Well, fax is great but could not be used for sending important, legal documents.

No, but it could give them something to hold in their hands and look at until the actual documents arrive.

What did the school say about your package arriving late?

No, but it could give them something to hold in their hands and look at until the actual documents arrive.

Businesses and private parties send legal papers by fax all the time.

Yes, you are right. But I think it depends on the parties. When I applied to Seoul National University, I was requested to send some documents via fax. In other hand, I think Keio University prefers email to fax because of its convenience; we communicate using email all the time.

Anyway, thank you very much for your suggestion.

What did the school say about your package arriving late?

Thank you for asking. They did not say anything about it. But once my documents arrived (one day late), they requested me to resend some documents because there were some errors that I made; they gave me time until February 28th.

Back
Top Bottom