What's new

Home Care Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelMoon

Registered
17 May 2016
I have been reading a lot about Japan and especially working there. I understand the process of being a healthcare worker. However, besides the exam and everything what are the other requirements? I am a nursing assistant with my mother in the U.S. We were curious about the home health care program and jobs in Japan. We are moving to Tokyo, Japan soon and is studying Japanese. We have worked at our current home healthcare job longer than 3 years and have the experience. Currently, we work as taking care of our relative and a woman living in our house. It is a home care health job. We are registered nurses. I was wondering how would this work in our situation? Also would we need any reference or anything from our current employer/job? I was also wondering are there certain restrictions for specific ethnic races like I have read? I am studying the language beforehand, but I wonder if there is no way of having the exam in a different language besides only in Japanese? Since my family is also looking for other work in Japan, I am open to any information that can be helpful.

How soon are you planning to move? Do you understand what the visa requirements are? Do you understand that you need to find a job first and have the employer sponsor you for a working visa....that you can't just move here because you want to and then look for work afterwards?

You will both need to pass the national licensing exam for registered nurses if that is what you plan to do here. The exam is given only in Japanese. How is your Japanese at the moment? Have you taken the JLPT?

Even work as a home helper will require you to complete training and licensing in Japan, also done only in Japanese. You would be very unlikely to be able to swing a visa sponsorship out of that route, and the work typically pays only minimum wage or slightly above.

May I ask why you are planning to move to Japan?

Not that soon because I would like to be fluent in Japanese and Korean before moving. So it is only until I am fluent. I am able to learn languages within a short time though. Yes, I read how to find a job first and about the visa requirements.

I've read about the national licensing exam. I figured after reading it was only in Japanese. I am at the level where I can communicate in Japanese, at least know important things for communication. However, I am not fluent and is still learning Kanji and other things. Also my entire family still doesn't know Japanese yet, and so they need to learn it. We have a tutor though.

I have read about the training in Japan.

My family is moving to Japan specifically for work reasons. Due to also the publishing companies, I will publish my manga and other projects in Japan, which requires that I live in Japan. I needed a professional company to illustrate and publish my manga and books. My mother and I both are becoming business owners, and the Japanese technology and ambition would be better for our ideas and everything. Also, I am a living doll and I learned Japan is the world's capital of cosmetic surgery, and Japan doesn't feel the same as the U.S. about living dolls. So I am getting plastic surgery in Japan to look like an actual doll, for I am an extreme human doll, like the human barbies almost but I am not a human barbie, but another kind of living doll.

Last edited:
I have been reading a lot about Japan and especially working there. I understand the process of being a healthcare worker. However, besides the exam and everything what are the other requirements? I am a nursing assistant with my mother in the U.S. We were curious about the home health care program and jobs in Japan. We are moving to Tokyo, Japan soon and is studying Japanese.
Since you "have been reading a lot", you will be able to tell us what level of Japanese is necessary.
And, what is your current level? (withholding judgment on your ability to learn enough from scratch in a short time)

I am not fluent and is still learning Kanji and other things.
I IS learning? Is that some new American grammar that I missed while living here?

My family is moving to Japan specifically for work reasons.
  • home health care worker
  • manga writer
  • living doll (however the heck one makes a living at that)
You certainly appear to have a lot of "work reasons". Like Mike said, good luck.

I have been reading a lot. I feel it is best to study a place before going there, even places that are in the U.S. I learn everything there is to learn about beforehand. For a move, fluent Japanese I feel is necessary especially for work. It is true. I actually learned Turkish and other languages within a short time, so my current level is technically a working proficiency or level, able to communicate in working environments.

Yes, my family does have many work reasons. I am not only a manga writer, I write books, games and other things.

Actually, many do not understand and criticize living dolls. Actually you are able to make a career out of it, out of anything pretty much. It is not a living, it simply means someone who looks like a doll/porcelain figure. Living dolls are able to find profitable opportunities out of the career. VensusAngelic, heard of her and other living dolls?

I am learning also that it will be kind of difficult working with Japanese. They seem to have a lot of attitude.

Last edited:
Since you "have been reading a lot", you will be able to tell us what level of Japanese is necessary.
And, what is your current level? (withholding judgment on your ability to learn enough from scratch in a short time)

I IS learning? Is that some new American grammar that I missed while living here?

• home health care worker
  • manga writer
  • living doll (however the heck one makes a living at that)
You certainly appear to have a lot of "work reasons". Like Mike said, good luck.

A person could make a living doing anything these days including a living doll. In fact she's paid well as a doll entertaining folks in hospice care. However, many people enjoy her and they could be used at various other places. I guess it's how a person applies themselves.
It's nice to know you're in healthcare too. All the best of luck in your career! :)

Thanks for making that point. Also, Japanese to me is not difficult to learn and I am learning it quite fast, so...

I have been reading a lot about Japan and especially working there. I understand the process of being a healthcare worker. However, besides the exam and everything what are the other requirements? I am a nursing assistant with my mother in the U.S. We were curious about the home health care program and jobs in Japan. We are moving to Tokyo, Japan soon and is studying Japanese. We have worked at our current home healthcare job longer than 3 years and have the experience. Currently, we work as taking care of our relative and a woman living in our house. It is a home care health job. We are registered nurses. I was wondering how would this work in our situation? Also would we need any reference or anything from our current employer/job? I was also wondering are there certain restrictions for specific ethnic races like I have read? I am studying the language beforehand, but I wonder if there is no way of having the exam in a different language besides only in Japanese? Since my family is also looking for other work in Japan, I am open to any information that can be helpful.
American Citizen Services | Tokyo, Japan - Embassy of the United States
Embassy of Japan in United States of America
Best of luck to you and your mother! :)

@AngelMoon
@Angelic4u2

You're very welcome on the forum, but please don't insult our intelligence by trying to pretend you don't know each other when you are obviously connected. Mother and daughter?

Thanks for making that point. Also, Japanese to me is not difficult to learn and I am learning it quite fast, so...
Yea that's what i also thought when i started learning Japanese. Wait until you get to an intermediate level and start learning about if statements, giving/receiving advice, thoughts, plans etc...

@AngelMoon
@Angelic4u2

You're very welcome on the forum, but please don't insult our intelligence by trying to pretend you don't know each other when you are obviously connected. Mother and daughter?

Insult your intelligence? Wow, sorry if you felt that way, but I don't think we were doing that. She was only saying how it is nice to find me also in the healthcare, you misunderstood the reply. She was also wishing me a good luck, because she probably won't go for a healthcare job in Japan. What you want us to say, mom and daughter? We already know everyone knows we are connected and know each other. It is obvious. I regret joining this site. I will continue doing my own research and won't ask anything else on this site. I am doing fine on my own anyway.

It's nice to know you're in healthcare too.

She was only saying how it is nice to find me also in the healthcare, you misunderstood the reply. She was also wishing me a good luck, because she probably won't go for a healthcare job in Japan.

Nice try. Your first post was loaded with plural references regarding coming to Japan to work in health care jobs.

Were we just another part of your PR plan to build up your brand and try to become famous?

Its all moot anyway. You guys are coming to Japan about like I'm going to the moon. Ain't happening. Is your mother as delusional and disconnected from reality as you are or does she just humor you?

Nice try. Your first post was loaded with plural references regarding coming to Japan to work in health care jobs.

Were we just another part of your PR plan to build up your brand and try to become famous?

Its all moot anyway. You guys are coming to Japan about like I'm going to the moon. Ain't happening. Is your mother as delusional and disconnected from reality as you are or does she just humor you?

I was not going to reply, but you angered me. You do not understand our situation (especially fully as to why we are moving) and so you should not say anything like that. Nor do you know anything about me. Nor are you an expert, as so you think. Obviously if you read all of it, we are not only going to be in the healthcare field. My mother (happy now?) will not only be in the healthcare field and that is something you didn't even know, because you do not know us nor did I tell you. You can't just make assumptions by only one post and your own opinions.

Whatever about the brand building thing. We are not delusional and we are realistic people. I know it's not all about that. All of you guys are rude and nasty on this forum. I only asked a simple question, and this is what I get? Just criticism and attitude. You are making Japan look really bad, but I understand everything. I researched before asking, and I do not recommend this site to anyone. I just wanted to ask this one question, but I didn't really need this site as so I came to discover. It was not a part of my brand build up as so you assume.

Last edited:
That reminds me...

Where do you research your info about Japan? You've got some major misinformation that you've been swallowing as fact, going by what you say here and on your blog.

How did you find the time by the age of 21 to become a registered nurse, author forty novels, create comic books, video games in multiple languages across multiple platforms, and teach yourself about a zillion languages? And fit it all in around your job as a nursing assistant (which is a waste of your RN credentials, by the way)?

Your own mother....a registered nurse,,, approves of you having ribs REMOVED to facilitate your "living doll" nuttery? That's insane!

That reminds me...

Where do you research your info about Japan? You've got some major misinformation that you've been swallowing as fact, going by what you say here and on your blog.

How did you find the time by the age of 21 to become a registered nurse, author forty novels, create comic books, video games in multiple languages across multiple platforms, and teach yourself about a zillion languages? And fit it all in around your job as a nursing assistant (which is a waste of your RN credentials, by the way)?

Your own mother....a registered nurse,,, approves of you having ribs REMOVED to facilitate your "living doll" nuttery? That's insane!

Whatever. I get it like how any educated researcher is suppose to obviously. I did not have any information on Japan, nor on here or on my blog, so where did you see this? I don't even go into detail or mention information about Japan. So whatever.

I'm not like everyone else. I am ambitious, while others are out partying, I am making something of myself and getting a head start. You normal folk wouldn't understand that. I know a lot about Japan and is still researching about it, so don't assume I don't know anything about the country.

Whatever, I can do what I want. So what I am 21 years old? Just another criticizer. Yes, I have time to do all of that. Just because many cannot, that's just you. It proves your ignorance as well. Who cares if you feel that way. I spend my time studying and doing work all day, everyday and pursuing my careers. I asked a question about only working in the healthcare! I didn't ask can I get rudeness and criticism! Again, you don't know anything about me, so you shouldn't say anything else.

I did not have any information on Japan, nor on here or on my blog, so where did you see this? I don't even go into detail or mention information about Japan. So whatever.

Really?

Tikaani Moon: Japan

Recently, I learned about Japan's strict restrictions and bans for Muslims. Due to what has been happening, this is the reason for their ban. These bans include disallowing of permanent citizenship, renting homes, following Muslim customs, restrictions for the Arabic language and many other restrictions.

Where on earth did you get such nonsense?

I have heard there is a Rabbit and Cat island

How nice for the cats. How horrid for the poor rabbits!

I believe as a living doll, I won't be strangely stared at because I believe Japanese better perceive living dolls than the US and other countries.

Good thing you're not actually going to be able to move here, because you would be horribly disappointed on this count.

I was reading about Japan, when I came across something that said there was a semi-ban for women to enter a capsule hotel. Wanting to know more about this, I will do more research. This ban is semi because there are hotels that accepts women. Most capsule hotels depending on the location, are men only I read and doesn't allow women though. Whatever city, I will have to know if they accept women now. It wouldn't be quite fun sleeping outside in a different country because of this reason. Since my family's travel is not just a visit in Japan, but a move, it would be similar to being homeless.

You think every hotel in Japan is a capsule hotel and that women have to sleep out on the streets because not enough hotels accept women?

I have also been learning Korean since it seems Japan has huge involvement with Korea

Largely based on a very long history of hating each other's guts with a purple passion. If you're teaching yourself Korean to facilitate your make-believe upcoming life in Japan, save yourself the effort.

I know a lot about Japan and is still researching

That "I is" error is all through your writing. How do you do that?

Who cares if you feel that way.

You, apparently.

you don't know anything about me

Only what you have chosen to share with the world through your own very public writings. Have I misrepresented or misquoted anything?

And go modify your ridiculous review of this site using your experience here to trash talk Japanese people. No Japanese people have interacted with you in this thread at all. I'm American and so is @Glenski

In case anyone comes across this thread in the future, I'll share the bit I know about English speakers working in the home health care system in Japan.

They do not have many English speaking aides because they do not have much need. The one person I know who was hoping to find one was unable to contract through an agency in Tokyo despite trying very hard (native Japanese person, so the person knew how to ask and search), and eventually gave up because finding someone privately was more expensive than they were willing to afford.

When you're looking at 2-4 hours per day, five days a week, the expense adds up quickly. Services through NHI become very tempting since a lot of what a home health care worker does doesn't require a ton of verbal interaction. Granted, it's much, much better if there is verbal interaction, but in general is rather easy to communicate gesturally that it's time to take meds, or that one needs to use the bathroom. Most home health care workers have probably worked with patients with dementia who didn't understand them in the slightest. It doesn't impair their performance, it just makes it more difficult.

The real problems for employment are:

1) Not enough demand to sustain a career.

2) If one qualifies to do it they generally qualify to do things which pay a significant amount more.

Really?

Recently, I learned about Japan's strict restrictions and bans for Muslims. Due to what has been happening, this is the reason for their ban. These bans include disallowing of permanent citizenship, renting homes, following Muslim customs, restrictions for the Arabic language and many other restrictions.

I believe as a living doll, I won't be strangely stared at because I believe Japanese better perceive living dolls than the US and other countries.

Good thing you're not actually going to be able to move here, because you would be horribly disappointed on this count.

I was reading about Japan, when I came across something that said there was a semi-ban for women to enter a capsule hotel. Wanting to know more about this, I will do more research. This ban is semi because there are hotels that accepts women. Most capsule hotels depending on the location, are men only I read and doesn't allow women though. Whatever city, I will have to know if they accept women now. It wouldn't be quite fun sleeping outside in a different country because of this reason. Since my family's travel is not just a visit in Japan, but a move, it would be similar to being homeless.

You think every hotel in Japan is a capsule hotel and that women have to sleep out on the streets because not enough hotels accept women?

I have also been learning Korean since it seems Japan has huge involvement with Korea

Largely based on a very long history of hating each other's guts with a purple passion. If you're teaching yourself Korean to facilitate your make-believe upcoming life in Japan, save yourself the effort.

You, apparently.

Only what you have chosen to share with the world through your own very public writings. Have I misrepresented or misquoted anything?

And go modify your ridiculous review of this site using your experience here to trash talk Japanese people. No Japanese people have interacted with you in this thread at all. I'm American and so is @Glenski
That blog was something else :eek:

Really?

You, apparently.

You are not worthy my time.

You all are not worth the time. Well, it can give that impression, even if you are not Japanese, you are still representing Japan. If you didn't know those things, then maybe you don't know much about Japan yourself. I research and study all that there is to learn about anything before going there or writing a book on it.

Also, you do not know much about the United States (especially how they view living dolls differently) and that part of Japan. The Japanese sub-culture would fit right into the living doll life, and you haven't even studied anything or know anything about living dolls and relation to Japan, so you cannot say anything. So you don't know what you are talking about. About the hotels, maybe you didn't read it closely, because I did not say all of the hotels. From the Japanese law and government center, I read all of my research and not someone who thinks they know everything.

I write reviews about all social media, even Facebook, Twitter, these writing groups. So whatever. You are not worth my time and I would not take anymore information from you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom