What's new

Hi

SaikyoJoe

Kouhai
4 Mar 2017
Hey and good day to you.

I have been living in Japan for years now and I am ready and willing to partake my wisdom unto all of you, my fellow forum members.

I am SaikyoJoe of 34 years. Originally of Belgium but functionally Japanese since moving here while i was fourteen. And i have been staying here ever since.

To be honest theres not that much to do around here. I'm looking for like-minded individuals to share common rants, events and news with.

If you want to share something, please go ahead and just ask.

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. I guess you're using Opera, as your IP address seems to point to Norway. Anyhow, nice to have another old Japan hand on board. :)

Hello and welcome!

Here's my question. How was the move from Belgium to Japan when you were 14, which I guess is an unusual age for someone to make such a move. Just wondering what the first few months were like in Japan for you. Did you speak any Japanese when you came here?

Certainly. Lemme tell ya pal, I spoke a little Dutch and French from way earlier, but did not catch onto the finer linguistical properties of the japanese language until much later in my life.

You could say i struggled vehemently until knowing the hiragana by hand. Before that everything was gibberish and i did have a hard time making myself understood.

It was a sad but short period, luckily.

Back
Top Bottom