What's new

Hi Everyone (Konnichiwa mina san)

y()$|-|iRo**

後輩
17 May 2003
Konnichiwa mina san, Watashi wa Amerika daigaku (student) no Oscar desu.

I just found this forum and I hope it helps me to further learn Japanese and learn about Japan.

I am a college student like I said above and I would really like to study in Japan. My major is graphic design. I love design (je l'adore) <<<===that's french by the way... :)

Some of my hobbies include photography, reading about design, drawing, painting, designing, and learning new languages.

You are probably wondering how I do all this stuff... all I can say is you need money and ambition to do this.

I also like math...I think math is one of the easiest subjects around. I just find design more challenging so chose to focus on this instead. Plus I like all the colors I get to work with and peopel too.

You are probable vored now so I will stop here. Please read my question at the end.

Do any of you know any Good Design Schools in Japan? I can't find any on the web and dont' know many Japanese students studying Design here in California. Please Help me out if you know of some schools. Thanks.\

Oscar

👏

Konnichowa Oscar

Welcome and Hajimemashite :)

PS : U better say "J'adore le Design" instead of "je l'adore"
Sorry ... I know it's not a french forum :sorry: :p

Riven, merci. I have not used french for over 4 years and I think I am forgetting the language. Maybe I should take a refresher course.

Thanks for the correction.

y()$|-|i**

Welcome y()$|-|iRo**,

Have you got any design examples online. I'm always interested in other people's creative ideas.

Will have work up within the next 2 months

Hey Twisted,

I will put some work up within 2 months. I am working and gonig to school so have not had much time to put stuff up on the web for myself.

I will prob quit my job this July and focus on my freelance work more so I have to put stuff on the web.

👍

I will let you know when some of my stuf if up.

y()$|-|i**....ja mata.

I went to your website..pretty cool but takes a long time to load on my MAC!! Is it naturally slow or is it faster on a PC?

Yeah, i've noticed that too. It also depends on the time of day. I think it's the tagboard that slows it down. The site only shows once every little element is loaded, so that doesn't help either.

I'm currently thinking about how to restructure my site.

That happens when you incorporate third-party scripts and tags or images hosted on other servers into your tables: they will only show once the entire content is loaded. I avoid to add banners or third-party counters etc. into my content tables.

What are you using to build your site?

What are you using to build your site? I am not much of a progragmmer but I have worked with code enough to be able to work with it.

Normally when I have to build anything for a website I use dreamweaver or notepad (any text editor) but no microsoft products (like word or excel) because they give you so much unnecessary code. It's crazy if you have ever looked at it.

Also, I am really good with styles, I can build an entire page with styles. This elimates the use of formatting on the actual page itself thus reducing the amount of time it takes to load.\\

But nothing ever beats clean code. Take out anything you don't need on your page. 👏

I've always used Dreamweaver, but i'm currently getting myself to code manually. I only use Dreamweaver now for complex tables.

Ohisashi buri desu ne...

Hi Kazuma,

I had forgetten this site while I was busy with life and travelling. I know the answer is late but no I don't draw manga althoug I would like to learn how to. I am mainly a designer and now am getting into 3d graphics (still a n00bie though).

Show me some of your stuff, I would love to see it. 😲

kazuma said:
konnichiwa, Oscar. Do u draw manga also? show me some of your work.

Hey there twisted, ogenki desu ka. 👍

I have been gone for long time. I am glad my account is still active. Anyway, how is everything going? Are you still building websites?

I just got back from Japan a couple weeks ago... so much fun. I want to go back again (for the 8th time). I might go again this summer.. looking forward to it. That and my gf too. hehe.

hope to hear from ya.

Twisted said:
I've always used Dreamweaver, but i'm currently getting myself to code manually. I only use Dreamweaver now for complex tables.

Hello... if XP was a girl and it looked like it does... ^_~

LOL. If it was so...I would go nuts over her...hehe. Well, but my gf would mind so maybe not such a good idea.

😍

Ahh. so tired from my dancing class. Anyone want to dance?.... :?

Back
Top Bottom