What's new

Hi All

moyashi

後輩
15 Apr 2002
I'm Carsten (aka moyashi).

I've lived in Japan for 10 years.

Studied Japanese and business in States and now teach English at 2 high schools here in Sapporo. (I was planning to study Chinese though) I came to Japan right after graduating University.

I'm married with a baby on the way.

I'm a Mac user that does html and script hacking (mostly perl based).

I bumped into Thomas a few years ago at another site and got recruited by him.

hehe ... pretty boring intro. sorry. Had a busy day yesterday and I'm still a little brain dead.
:sorry:

"Recruiting" sounds so formal, hehe... but you do know you're welcome, ne?!

Soon-to-be-dad, our congrats to both of you!
;)

congrats from me to moyashi, 👏

sleep well now while you can,lol👍

I havent had a good sleep in five years lolol:sleep:

ohhh great, no more sleeping. ughhh

Baby's due around September 28 -> October 3
Doctor says the Sep. 28 but they seem to be always wrong over here.
They won't tell us if boy or girl since they've been wrong in the past.

@thomas
of course I know that! :)

Order your coffee in large quantities... ;)

How far have you proceeded in the (first) name game, hehe?

if its a girl deborah's a lovely name don't you think lololol:clap:

just kiddin of course as long as all goes well for mum and baby and yes they are wrong the majority of the times when it comes to telling an unborns sex, but either way I'm sure you both realy dont mind, I have a great tip that has worked well for me two times, and it was right, if you and the missis want to know it p.m. me and i'l be only to glad to give it to you both,😄

so far:
Rei <- if boy (sounds like "Ray" in English)
Ereina or Ellena for a girl

My mother had a fit that I wasn't using my Grandparents name ie ... grandfather Arwin Paul Bruno .... although Rei Bruno isn't so bad ...
Or Evelyn Sophia .... hmmm Ereina starts with and "E" ...

I'm hoping for a German/Danish - Japanese sounding name like the Swiss-German name "Kai" which can mean shell in Japanese. NO, samurai sounding names.

My wife has been going through name books for a while.

@coffee ... ugh ... are you speaking from experience?

@tip
Thanks Deborah, I sent you a pm

'rei' is a great boy's name...If he comes to the states...it will be easy for us lazy americans to pronounce. unlike if he were named ryu.

'ereina' is very pretty for a girl.

best of luck to you.

ps. my son is Jonathan Sebastian

Thanks samuraitora!

I like Sebastian. Old but new. And with Jonathan, your son could come to Japan and go by the popular "Jonny".

There's a Music/TV personalty production company called,"Jonny's Jr." For some reason Japanese like the name "Jonny"

by the way...how is mama doing with the pregnancy???
Lisa and I had a lot of problems, but it was all worth it...

Oops, didn't notice your Name until later (I've been catching up on 7 pages of new posts) ... hehehe ... pretty funny though.

No major problems but the baby hasn't started to rotate yet. So the doc has her doing weird poses and taking medicine. Not too happy about the medicine though.

Thanks for asking.

Be careful with the name "Rei". Only Rei might be alright, but I know a "Reiji" here in Japan. In Japanese English it sounds like "lazy":p

Is it common in the States to give your grandparents' names ? So there is always a cycle of name every two generations. That's a bit sad for innovation...:eek: Choose a name that nobody else has. Invent it yourself. That's a way of being unique in a society where too many people are called the same (even more in Japan than in the States). However be careful it's easily writeable in kana (or even kanji).

Why do Americans have a problem with Japanese names. Have you heard Korean or Thai ones ?

@ moyashi
tell the missis not to worry about baby rotating just yet, both my babys left it till the last 30 mins or so, they rotate when they are good and ready🙂

glad all is still going well moyashi, 👏

Originally posted by moyashi
Thanks samuraitora!

I like Sebastian. Old but new. And with Jonathan, your son could come to Japan and go by the popular "Jonny".

There's a Music/TV personalty production company called,"Jonny's Jr." For some reason Japanese like the name "Jonny"

Hey!! For someone who is named after a nickname for "John", this is good news. :)

(just happened to run across this old post)

Back
Top Bottom